Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Older expansions - where to get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Older expansions are hard to get, imho. Many places, like MiniatureMarket, NobleKnightGames, TrollAndToad, CoolStuffInc don't have them. Ebay has very little of them, or at inane 5x prices. surprise
Does anyone know the 'secret' place, or perhaps someone selling those for around it's suggested retail price (or a bit higher or lower)? Probably there are some disgruntled players with unneeded cards who just are too lazy/busy to bother selling the cardboard.
I am looking for Summons of the Deep and Dreamlands cycles. (Yeah, I buy those in full 6-pack cycles, and preferrably unopened, or, at least, with full package).
Also, why FFG is not reprinting those? Other cycles seems to be overrepresented compared to those. (Gah, typical M:tG 'older expansion set' problem).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are going to reprint those, should be available again this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were originally slated for reprint last year, but according to the FFG website they've been pushed back to "Q1 2014." The reprints are still "in development" rather than "at the printer," though.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's hold our fingers and toes crossed. Collecting is an addiction, I know, but such a pleasant one... laugh (I still can't believe I got Arkham Horror complete last year blush (without accessories - don't care about fluff).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, they were slated for reprint Q4 of 2012. They have been pushed off every quarter since. While it says Q1 2014 right now, don't be surprised if it gets pushed back again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A FLGS near me has a bunch of these at $14.95 retail. They are the packs that weren't the x3 per card of the later packs. They are in the Summons of the deep cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been looking for the first 2 in the Dreamlands Cycle for well over a year now.

BTW, they got pushed back again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, FFG: "ooops I did it again, lalalalalala..."
Now from Q2 to Q3. BOTH Dreamlands and Summons of the Deep.
Well, I guess it means no more buys from you until then, FFG. yuk
I can only hope they will be struck by genius and find out that new Cthulhu deluxed goes well with Summons... and Dreamlands... the rarest Dream of them all... one can only Dream...
I am so jelly of those Netrunner/Throne gamers. Too bad I LOATHE both cyberpunk and AGOT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG's contact form is here:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_atencion.asp

I am writing them now (politely) to inform them of my disappointment in their choice to once again delay the reprint, and my reluctance to support the game by purchasing new expansions until they support the game by reprinting the old ones.
I encourage others to do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DropDeadCriminal wrote:
FFG's contact form is here:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_atencion.asp

I am writing them now (politely) to inform them of my disappointment in their choice to once again delay the reprint, and my reluctance to support the game by purchasing new expansions until they support the game by reprinting the old ones.
I encourage others to do the same.

I don't share your reluctance, but I did just write to express my desire to one day buy the Dreamlands packs through my local game store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wrote to say that I'm impatient for reprints and disappointed by the delays. I didn't threaten a boycott, though.

Actually, I'd like 'em to issue some new art sleeves too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I will 99% buy that TSB Cthulhu expansion , but I won't look through any other of their stuff to scratch the gaming itch. I could burn saved money (for reprints) on some Eldritch Horror (and they probably are counting on it), or whatever, but I guess I'd rather keep it and wait, as they say extra money doesn't rip my pocket. I worse comes to worst, I'd just look into completely different hobbies & niceties (new bike, home improvement, anything). Ah, the pains of being fringe playerbase...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a reply to my message yesterday. Mostly verbal nodding and sympathizing, with the close "know that we are working on this." I guess that's a good sign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ergh. Pushed back AGAIN. This was SUCH an opportunity, CoC 10 year jubilee and stuff... and nothing. This is lame, it isn't even new design, just mere reprints. Such a pain to see all those decks including at least a couple of Dreamlands cards. Man, this game is still Collectible card game, just with non-random cards, you still have to hunt for them. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.