Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody found a clever storage solution?

I have my zip lock bags ready to go, but it just feels like there should be a Plano-box-type storage system that is more elegant than zippies.

Please post (and include pictures) if you have already solved this puzzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Storage solutions
There is this idea. I like it, but there were some in my local group who did not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:

I have my zip lock bags ready to go, but it just feels like there should be a Plano-box-type storage system that is more elegant than zippies.

When we did the Kickstarter run we provided a pair of 2 x 5 token boxes to deal with this. YOu can see these among the pictures I posted. I believe Mike Roberts at LMNB may have some left if you're interested in buying a pair. I can't remember how much they cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
In lieu of an ideal plastic box solution, I procured a package of small zip-lock baggies roughly 2"x3" in size. They are perfect for storing a set of company certs as well as all of the company tokens easily (as opposed to being meticulously aligned to fit as with my DTG cert baggies). I think this is quite possibly the most efficient storage solution for 1862 due to the fact that companies need to be randomly removed and the remaining companies arranged in a random offering order. This this storage solution, you can just hold the box over your head to randomly remove the surplus companies and then draw out the starting packets and head off to the races.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Surely, the randomising bit is done more easily (and without a risk if dropping things on the floor ) by shuffling and dealing out the Directors' shares. Small bags for the tokens (1 per company) is the way I have gone and seems to me to follow KISS! whistle

But then, I have STILL only managed to play it once. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieWilson wrote:

But then, I have STILL only managed to play it once. angry

Ah, see, I've managed 3 plays. Clearly my storage solution is superior. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MidLifeDelta wrote:
There is this idea. I like it, but there were some in my local group who did not.

Saw that. Definitely good for just the tokens. Was hoping for a more complete solution. Especially one that keeps the tokens close to the company shares. And that does not forget about the tiles.

Have used zip lock bags in my 1861 and that approach is adequate, but not optimal.

Was just hoping that somebody else had solved the full puzzle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Hutton wrote:
RoamDog wrote:

When we did the Kickstarter run we provided a pair of 2 x 5 token boxes to deal with this. YOu can see these among the pictures I posted. I believe Mike Roberts at LMNB may have some left if you're interested in buying a pair. I can't remember how much they cost.

Hmmmm. I ordered 12 copies of the game (not all for me) during the kickstarter and did not get any of those storage boxes?

Any chance to get a couple sent to me?

Misunderstood the wording on a previous post. Thanks to Clearclaw for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
They were an extra-cost option when ordering.

Unfortunately the boxes supplied are hard perspex rather than a softer polypropylene and thus tend to crack/break. I have been meaning to replace mine with something like a Plano 360706 or a pair of 3455-00 for this reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
Hmmmm. I ordered 12 copies of the game (not all for me) during the kickstarter and did not get any of those storage boxes?

They were provided at a small additional cost, not with every copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finke
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I designed and 3d printed tile trays for 1862 (and 1846). Also printed a tray for certificates and trains. Then use mini boxes for tokens/warranties/permits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paladin
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
finke67 wrote:
I designed and 3d printed tile trays for 1862 (and 1846). Also printed a tray for certificates and trains. Then use mini boxes for tokens/warranties/permits.

Looking forward to getting my units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
finke67 wrote:

Is there any chance the stl files can be shared? Either here or on Thingiverse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finke
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smok wrote:

Is there any chance the stl files can be shared? Either here or on Thingiverse?

Uploaded here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.