Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hello Kansas City Area Board gamming on Wedensday Nights
Hello Kansas City Area

Per the request of Phil and his love for Le Havre we will be having the Le Havre tournament on the 2 Jul. The calendar reads so far, 11 Jun King of Tokyo tournament, 18 Jun on request of the birthday boy Nicholas, we will be playing Firefly, and any other requests, we are open for requests, or we fill it in ourselves.
Come one come all to:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529
Play is from 7pm to 11pm.

There will be other games played also, enjoy.
Bring the games you want to play, or come play what is on the tables, love to see you there.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City Area
On Jun 11, everybody was Kaiju fighting. Everybody was fast as lighting. Everybody that showed up won at least one game, BUT ME. The King of Tokyo tournament was held, three rounds played. Dee won round 1 and 2 giving him 20 points, and would have been King even if he finished last in third round, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO HE DIDN’T WANT TO PLAY THE THIRD ROUND. Making him King maker, giving it to Aaron with 20 points after the third round, making Aaron King of Tokyo tournament winner. I’m making Dee the first loser the Queen of Tokyo. Love you Dee. Tournament scores were:
Name Round 1 Rourn2 Round 3 Totals
Aaron R1: 5 R2: 5 R3: 10 Total: 20 King
Dee R1: 10 R2: 10 R3: N/A Total: 20 Queen
Kat R1: 10 R2: 5 R3: 4 Total: 19 HO so close.
Matt R1: 2 R2: 10 R3: 6 Total: 18 The new guy not bad showing for M&M.
Me R1: 6 R2: 6 R3: 5 Total: 17
Tom R1: 5 R2: 5 R3: 4 Total: 14
Noah showed up late R3: 10 Total: 10 If he only played all three rounds.
Nicholas R1: 2 R2: 2 R3: 2 Total: 6 Nicholas the dice Gods were against you tonight.
The night finished out with two new games hitting the tables, Tzolk’in and Doom of Atlantic City. Tom won the Tzolk’in game and Nicholas finished up the night on the upside winning Doom of Atlantic City.
Next week we will have two tables running Firefly first 10 players that show up get to play Firefly, unless someone brings another copy. The others can play the games they bring or the games in the store library. Come have fun playing games, June 18 at:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kiriazis
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This Geeklist is a list of the games I've brought to Kansas City:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/174895/michigan-matts-...

Put in your comments for the games you'd like to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt
With your copy of "The Castles of Burgundy", Aarons copy and mine we could have a tournament of The Castles of Burgundy. In the up coming weeks maybe on the 25 June what do you think.
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kiriazis
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's OK with me. Let's talk tomorrow night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City Area
Well Happy Birthday to Nicholas and the second time I played Firefly. It was like, let me think;
“I got a share in this job and ten percent on
nothing, uh... hold on... let me do the math
here... nothing into nothing...carry the
nothing...”
- Jayne Cobb
I was the first to loss two crew men (Red shirts), but others followed. I think this is a game you have to play a number of times to get it to play smoothly. Nicholas read the rules and did better job at explaining the game than I did, he has as they say;
“Just do it, that’s all. My daddy says I got
natural talent.”
“Oooo! Synchronizers!” -Kaylee Frye
Two games of Firefly were played Kat winning one and Justin the other.
Next Wednesday night 25 June 14 after Matt left a number of players said they would like to have a Settlers of Catan tournament. Everybody watch out for Kat and Justin. Aaron was of the mind;
“Oh gawd! What could it beeee?
We’re dooomed! Who’s flyin’ this thing?!
Oh, right. That’d be me. Back to work.”
-Wash
I have to get Firefly out of my head even though I got beaten like scrambled eggs I still want to play it again. The 2 July will be the Le Havre tournament. Hope to see all of you there at:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Bring the games you want to play, or come and play what is on the tables, love to see you there.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I felt bad for Phil in our game, though I think most of us had our share of bad luck. I was hoping to give my wife a run for her money at the end but too many hits by the alliance. I would be interested in playing again some other time to give it a fair opinion but game length and the big luck factor have me hesitant on the staying power of Firefly. Thanks for everyone that came and gave Firefly a chance for my birthday. I definitely enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no need to feel bad, i still had fun. It does seem to have a big luck factor, but i'd be interested in playing again sometime. I would do a lot of different things to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City Area
Wednesday update for the running of the Wil Wheaton Award Race.
Three way tie for first with Kat, Aaron and Justin, with three wins a piece.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City Board game players
On the 25 Jun, we will be playing a tournament of Settlers of Catan, three (games) rounds. The points for each round will be added up and, the most points wins, the tournament. The winner will get an extra point in the drawing for $50.00 store credit at the end of season.
Hope to see all of you there at:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Bring the games you want to play, or come and play what is on the tables, love to see you there.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pattrick
United States
Lawson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Hopefully we have at least 3 sets of the game available. I suggest anyone coming that has a copy brings their copy also so we can accommodate 12+ players. We have the store copy and Mike's copy for sure don't know who else has one. Also Mike please make a note down that Dee won a game of Boss Monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kat and I will be bringing our copy. We have the 5-6 player expansion as well. We will try to stay for the entire tournament but don't know if we will be able to play 3 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City Area board game players
25 June Settlers of Catan Tournament was a Blast. Up until the third round the tournament was up for grabs. I sat across form Aaron for all three games, and we trash talked all night long trying to get other players to dump on each other. At the end of the 2nd round Aaron and I were tied with 19 points apiece.
Aaron out trash talked me and in the third game I went down. The stands where:
Name of Player, 1st game points, 2nd game points, 3rd Game points, and TOTAL Place
Mike (me) 9 10 5 24 3rd
Tom 8 6 9 23
Aaron 10 9 11 30 1st
Justin 9 8 9 26 2nd
Nicholas 10 6 10 26 2nd
Kat 5 10 8 23
Matt 7 4 6 17
Noah No show 4 7 11
Aaron is again leading in the running for the Wil Wheaton award with 5 wins, followed by Kat, and I post my first win for the season. Next week 2nd of July we will be playing Le Havre tournament. If you are playing and have a copy of the game please bring it along to the:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Bring the games you want to play or come play what is on the tables, love to see you there.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City board game players
On July 2 we will have a Le Havre tournament the game is easy to play but hard to master here something to watch:
http://boardgamegeek.com/video/24306/le-havre/rahdo-runs-thr...
We will help you learn the game even if you don’t watch the video but don’t expect to win the tournament, we have some tough players:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Bring the games you want to play or come play what is on the tables, love to see you there.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pattrick
United States
Lawson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
If anyone has a copy of Le Havre please bring it with you if coming. We have 2 copies but in case we get more then 10 people this way we can have a 3rd table playing. See ya there tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City Area
On 2 July we had an AP (Analysis Paralysis) tournament of Le Havre. We got the first game done, but the games took 4 hours on one table, and 3 on the other. Buy vote the players, the Le Havre torment ended after the first round. Winner, Justin (181 points), 2nd Aaron (173 points), and 3rd me (132 points). The Le Havre table that finished first put in a quick game of Citadels, the tournament that will be played on the 9 July. If you don’t want to play in the tournament, bring and play your own games. The running for the Wil Wheaton is Aaron with 6 wins, Justin with 5 wins, and Kat with 4 wins.
A little help for the players that have not played Citadels before:

http://boardgamegeek.com/video/34378/citadels/gamesage-episo...

So the 9 July will be the Citadels tournament. Hope to see all of you there.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City Area
On 7 July we had a win fest. In the Citadels Tournament, three round at two tables, we had six different winners. We started off with 11 players and ended up with 10 players finishing all three rounds, and like in the King of Tokyo tournament Dee played King Maker, I mean Queen Maker, giving the Tournament and extra point to the winner of the Citadels Tournament to the Nuclear Boom Kat with 91 points over three rounds. The overall tournament report is:

Name game 1 game 2 game 3 total
Kat 39w + 25 + 27 = 91 WINNER
Dee 31 + 29 + 31w = 91
Nickolas 33 + 27 + 21 = 81
Brian 29 + 30 + 22 = 81
Justin 23 + 36w + 22 = 81
Tom 27 + 31w + 20 = 78
Me 33w + 17 + 27 = 77
Aaron 34 + 24 + 17 = 75
Joshua 15 + 22 + 27w = 64
Matt 11 + 20 + 21 = 52
Jeff 28 + no score + no score = 28

There was a lot of good fun smack talk at the table, and lots of laughs, and a good night of gamming.
On July 16 we will be playing a Keyflower basic game tournament. For you that have not played the game this might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2NKgzLpviA&feature=kp

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City board games
It looks like Season eight will end on the 16 July, and we will be awarding the Wil Wheaton award for the most wins in a Season the following week. The Drawing for $50.00+ store credit will also be on the 23 July, when Season Nine will start. In the race for the Wil Wheaton award are Aaron and Justin each with 6 wins, Kat with 5 wins, Dee with 4 wins, then everybody else. On July 16 we will be playing a Keyflower basic game tournament. For you that have not played the game this might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2NKgzLpviA&feature=kp

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will not be able to attend tomorrow. I have to get things ready for my sons birthday party. I'm bummed too because i have been wanting to try out Keyflower. So now that the tournament season is closing, how does that work? is the next season just open to whatever may happen each week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Phil
Yes just bring a game and somebody will play it.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City board gamers
On 16th July we had 13 gamers show up. Some faces from the past Seasons, Laura, Ed and Trent (On leave from the Marines, Herra). The Keyflower tournament went off with a lots of AP (Analysis Paralyses), a two hour game, took 3 ½ hours to play, so it was a one game tournament most points winning, and that would be………..AARON……….at 61 points, Kat with 60 points, etc…. If Kat had won we would have had a three way tie for the Wil Wheaton Award, but she didn’t, and Aaron is the winner of Season 8 Wil Wheaton Award with 7 wins. Justin you should have helped Kat win, for a piece of the pie, by taking down Aaron. Justin you have to see the BIG picture and that is not letting Aaron win. Aaron holds the most wins in a season 14 win, and now he hold the most wins of the Wil Wheaton Award (4). OK games let me hear it, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON. The group played a game of Cash N Guns and Brian won it to end up the night. Season nine opens up with whatever game you bring, I’m bring Eclipse, and Aaron is bring Tzolk’in the Mayan Calendar game. For any body that wants to view the best Eclipse how to play vid or Tzolk’in the Mayan Calendar game vid below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ly6dbiz5Tc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UCt5tZbiKM

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

And remember to STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,

Can I ask you to hold off on Eclipse? I have to work next week but really want to play Eclipse. I would appreciate it. But if I get out voted thats okay too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nicholas
I would be happy to but I would play it two weeks in a row also so you can play the game.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lingwall
United States
Kirksville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also love to play Eclipse but can't make it next week. So if there's interest in a game in two weeks I would be in.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks Mike. I should be able to make it next week but I will definitely let you guys know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [84] |