Looks like we will be playing Eclipse two weeks in a row love it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Stark
msg tools
Re: Hello Kansas City Area Board gamming on Wedensday Nights
Hey guys, do you teach board games, or would it be better to be familiar with the games before I come? It sounds like you guys play tournaments and I am not too familiar with many games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stark
Yes we teach as we play. You may lose a game or two, but you will learn them as we play.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City board gamers
On 23rd of July we will have the awarding of the Wil Wheaton Award and the Drawing, for $54.00 in store credit. There will be a KING OF TOYKO tournament with prizes for the winner. We will be playing lots of games, I’m bringing Eclipse, and Aaron is bringing Tzolk’in the Mayan Calendar game. For anybody that wants to view the best Eclipse how to play vid or Tzolk’in the Mayan Calendar game vid below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ly6dbiz5Tc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UCt5tZbiKM

Hope to see all of you there at:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529
Play is from 7pm to 11pm.

Bring the games you want to play, or come and play what is on the tables, love to see you there.
Mike George

And remember to STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I attended my first game night last night at Game Cafe and I had a great time. They are a great bunch of people to spend an evening playing games with--very welcoming and friendly. Thanks Tom and everyone. I hope to see you all next week!

-Darin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 23 of July, at the Game Café’ board game night, the King of Tokyo tournament, was won by who else Aaron. Everybody got prizes, and again at two tables 3 rounds we had six different winners. The results were:

Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 TOTALS
Aaron R1, 4 : R2, 6 : R3, 10 : T, 20
Todd R1, 2 : R2, 6 : R3, 10 : T, 18
Laura R1, 6 : R2, 10 : R3, 2 : T, 18
Kat R1, 2 : R2, 10 : R3, 4 : T, 16
Me R1, 6 : R2, 4 : R3, 4 : T, 14
Noah R1, 10 : R2, 2 : R3, 0 : T, 14
Nathan R1, 4 : R2, 2 : R3, 6 : T 12
Justin R1, 10 : R2, 0 : R3, 0 : T, 10
Darin R1, 0 : R2, 2 : R3, 6 : T, 8
Tom R1, 0 : R2, 0 : R3, 2 : T, 2 Tom was just trying to mess with me.

Three new players showed up Nathan, Todd, and Darin, hope they come by again. After we player the King of Tokyo tournament we rolled out Power Grid (I learned a new game) and Todd won a shorten game. The other table played Troyes and Dee posted a win. We didn’t get to play Eclipse so next week (30July) I’m bringing Eclipse, and Aaron is bringing Tzolk’in the Mayan Calendar game. For anybody that wants to view the best Eclipse how to play vid or Tzolk’in the Mayan Calendar game vid below:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Bring the games you want to play, or come and play what is on the tables, love to see you there.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be at next weeks meetup. I think i will bring Caverna with me as well if anyone is interested. See you then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kiriazis
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back from my trip to England. I convinced my team leader (who drove the Hertz car) to enable my Gameaholic addiction by stopping off at Leisure Games in Finchley on the way to the hotel on Sunday.

I had contacted them via e-mail earlier and they reserved a copy of THIS GAME for me. While I was there, I bought 2 other games. They all fit in my carry-on bag; wasn't too much room for anything else.

I'll give you a hint (the tag line) about one of the games. Can you guess the title. It's been added to my collection.

Avoid customs.
Outwit your rivals.
Seek your fortune.

More or less, that sounds like my kind of game!

Michigan Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pattrick
United States
Lawson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Our table of Dee, Me, and Ed played Troyes not Tzolk'in after King of Tokyo last week. Laura watched and learned. Dee won. I was going to get there early this week to setup Tzolk'in with the expansion so it would be ready to play once we have 5 players interested that aren't going to be playing Eclipse. I'd be willing to learn Caverna after Tzolk'in as the second game of the night for us not playing Eclipse. Those playing Eclipse that will be basically your only game of the night it will definitely take all night to play but is a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 30 of July, at the Game Café’ board game night I will be setting up Eclipse it will be starting at 1900 that’s 7PM, and Aaron is bringing Tzolk’in the Mayan Calendar game. For anybody that wants to view the best Eclipse how to play vid or Tzolk’in the Mayan Calendar game vid below:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

I loved the game of Power Grid that we played last week hope to play it again soon.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry i couldn't make it. one of my employees called in so i had to work tonight. I hope to be there next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everybody

At the Game Café’ on the 30 July I need help! This forgetful old man lost the list from 30 Jul. I need help from the players there, I know of we had five players at the Eclipse table and four ant the Tzolk’in table. On the Eclipse table I know of Me Mike George $1.00, Todd Sargent $1.00, Darin Bolyard $1.00, Jeffery ?, and? At the Tzolk’in table was Aaron Pattrick $1.00, Kat DeWald $1.00, Dee Florez, and ? I am short three, full name and what two gave one dollar. I remember that Aaron won the Tzolk’in game and Todd wow the Eclipse game.

Forgetful Old man
Mike George

PS Hope to see you next week Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pattrick
United States
Lawson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
The Tzolkin table had me, Kat, Dee, Dee's friend Andrew I think was his name and Kat's friend Shari or Sharon cant remember her name
. I paid and Kat and Her friend paid. I won the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,

I plan to be there tomorrow night. I'm sure you are probably Eclipse'd out. In that case we can play some other week but if you feel like playing again I would be there tomorrow.

Nicholas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not eclipsed out...just sayin' whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Barjenbruch
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm bringing a new player this evening, and wanted to give him a chance to review whatever we may be playing. What's going on the tables this evening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City Board gamers

Tonight, 6 Aug, I’m bringing Star Trek Catan, Puerto Rico, and Castles Burgundy. Aaron is bringing his same and only three games he owns, Tzolk’in, Troyes and Le Havre. I know other players are bringing other games they own, and the store has a lot of games in the game library. Come sign up for an entry into the drawing and the end of the season. You get one entry for just showing up and playing board games, you get one entry for each win of the game you played and named, and you can get one additional entry for $1.00. Only $1.00 each week you show up and play. It’s all up to you. When the total reaches $50.00+, the season ends and we have the drawing for the $50.00+ store credit for store products, and awarding of the Wil Wheaton award. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there tonight, and I am bringing Alien Frontiers and Kemet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Aug 6 was a GREAT Wednesday night of board gamming at the Game Café. Games like Fluxx, Munchkin, Power Grid, San Juan, Lords of Waterdeep, and Citadels were being played at three different tables. Many winners, Justin at Citadels, Phil at Lords of Waterdeep, Darin at San Juan, Matt at Power Grid, Mike at Fluxx and Munchkin, Landon at Munchkin, and ME at nothing, still lots of fun. Next Wednesday night 13 Aug by popular demand I will be bringing back Eclipse, the first six players that want to play and show up we will start the game at 1900 (7PM) and end at 11pm and points added up and winner will be called.
For you that don’t know Eclipse the vid below will help a lot.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On the Aug 13 at the Game Café, we had some new games, to the gamming group hit the table, Libertalia, and Jaipur. Again remember, STOP AARON, he is now at 4 wins and leading for the Wil Wheaton award (most wins in a season) followed by Matt and Todd with 3 wins each. Next week (20 Aug) I’m bring Puerto Rico, Castles of Burgundy, and others. I think Aaron will bring Libertalia and other also. If we can get Phil to bring Alien Frontiers, I would love to play that game. We start at 1900 (7PM) and end at 2300 (11pm).
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there next week, and I'll make sure to bring Alien Frontiers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On the Aug 20 at the Game Café, we had two tables, then three tables of gamers playing lots of games. On table one was Puerto Rico, 1st game was a five player game won by Todd, the 2nd and 3rd were three player games of Puerto Rico (I never played Puerto Rico with 3 players, different) and were won by Nicholas and Tom. On table 2 started with a 6 player game of Libertalia, followed by a four player game, and both games were won by Joshua. Table three started with Alien Frontiers won by Aaron. Aaron also won a game of Jaipur. A quick game of Cash and Guns was won by Laura. Aaron is leading in the running for the Wil Wheaton Award (most wins in a season) with 6 wins. Again remember, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, followed by Todd, with 4 wins. Next week (27 Aug) I’m bring Castles of Burgundy, and Star Trek Catan and others. I think Aaron will bring Libertalia and others also. If we can get Phil to bring Alien Frontiers again, I would love to play that game. We start at 1900 (7PM) and end at 2300 (11pm).
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On the Aug 27 at the Game Café, we had two tables going with games all night. I started a game of Jaipur with Aaron to be finished next week, and then we went to a 5 player game to Stone Age won by Nicholas. Todd won a game of Jaipur on the other table, and then they started a game of Nexus won by Dee. Then a game of Acquire was won by Dee also with a game of Troyes won by Aaron (HO NO!). The leader for the Wil Wheaton Award (most wins in a season), is still Aaron at seven wins, remembers, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, followed by Todd, with 5 wins. Next week (3 Sept) I’m bring Castles of Burgundy, Star Trek Catan, Stone Age and others. I think Aaron will bring Libertalia, Troyes, Jaipur and others also. If we can get Phil to bring Alien Frontiers again, I would love to play that game. If Tom finishes my Tzolk’in board we might have a Tzolk’in tournament. We start at 1900 (7PM) and end at 2300 (11pm).
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello if I buy Cosmic Encounter
How many would like to play it this next game night Wednesday(3Seop).
If I get 4 players that would like to play it. I will buy it and we can play it. Here is a post that explains the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDT1SB71efk

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

And remember to STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would certainly play it...just can't get to the Wednesday night game nights anymore now that school has started cry
On the upshot, I'll probably get more sleep on Wednesday nights
The kiddos certainly deserve a well rested me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [84] |