Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hello Kansas City Area Board gamming on Wedensday Nights
Hi Darin
We all miss you, hope to see you on Wednesday night when you have a free Thursday.
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there and you can count me in. I've always wanted to try that game. I'll bring Alien Frontier as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like I spoke to soon. I have an employee that was out today and will be out tomorrow as well so i need to work until 10:00 tomorrow night now so i won't be able to make it. super bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pattrick
United States
Lawson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I'd be willing to play Cosmic Encounters. Says can be 5 players thou not just 4. We could possibly play it as our second game of the night also if people were interested in Tzolkin also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City Board gamers

On the Sep 3 at the Game Café, we had two tables going with two games all night. On the 1st table we played Cosmic Encounters 3 games, own by Todd, Landon, and Aaron. On the 2nd table they played 4 games of 7 Wonders, two won by Kat, one by Nicholas and one by Matt. The winner of the Wil Wheaton Award (most wins in a season), goes again to Aaron at eight wins. Looks like nobody remembered to, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, Todd, was closest with 6 wins. Next week (10 Sept) I’m bring Castles of Burgundy, Cosmic Encounters, and Terra Mystica. I think Aaron will bring Libertalia, Troyes, Jaipur and others also, If we can get Phil to bring Alien Frontiers again (no show last week), I would love to play that game. If Tom finishes my Tzolk’in board we might have a Tzolk’in tournament. We start at 1900 (7PM) and end at 2300 (11pm). So many games to play and to little time to play them in, if you don’t like the games listed above bring your own or play the games in the game library.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.
Hope to see all of you there at:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529
Play is from 7pm to 11pm.

Bring the games you want to play, or come and play what is on the tables, love to see you there.
Mike George

This is the start of a new season , and remember to STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On 10 Sept, I’m bringing Castles of Burgundy, Cosmic Encounters, and Terra Mystica. Too help players that have never played these games:

Castles of Burgundy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfGe3foiwKQ

Cosmic Encounters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gP3XKK37bs

Terra Mystica:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imh4JjiB5a4

We start at 1900 (7PM) and end at 2300 (11pm). So many games to play and to little time to play them in, if you don’t like the games listed above bring your own or play the games in the game library.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Bring the games you want to play, or come and play what is on the tables, love to see you there.
Mike George

This is the start of a new season , and remember to STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On 10 Sept, it was Award night for the end of Season 9. AGAIN Arron won the Wil Weaton Award with the most wins in a season receiving the honored trophy, and Matt won the drawing for the store credit of $58.00. What game will he add to his mega collection of a 1,000 plus games? We had a lot of players learning new games or playing old games for the first time. Noses were in rule books, and questions being asked across tables. Six differ games were played and six different winners. Naturally Aaron own one game and that was my fault, bad Mike, bad Mike. Remember players of Wednesday night the credo is STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON. Season 9 was also a record setting for me, not winning one game in the complete season. Kat showed up and vowed to help stop Aaron in the new season, hope to see her every week. This week I’m bringing my freshly painted Tzolk’in game, big thanks to Tom for painting the wheels, Cosmic Encounters, and Terra Mystica. Too help players that have never played these games you can watch below:

Tzolk’in:
http://boardgamegeek.com/video/22937/tzolk-mayan-calendar/ra...

Cosmic Encounters:

Terra Mystica:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8O_2tLuQ5s

We start at 1900 (7PM) and end at 2300 (11pm). So many games to play and so little time to play them all, if you don’t like the games listed above bring your own or play the games in the game library.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Remember to STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kiriazis
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish to thank the group for welcoming this outsider while I work here temporarily. A little gaming helps pass the time and keeps me out of mischief. Thanks to a rare bit of good luck, I will enjoy spending that merchandise certificate after I look at my wish list. With the size of my collection, my wife warned me not buy 1 more game. She didn't say anything about 2 or 3; and she didn't say anything about expansions!

For the next few weeks, I'll be bringing my copy of Stonemaier Games' Viticulture. I'm surprised the store doesn't carry it, since the company is located in St. Louis.

Vitculture is a worker placement game set in a winery. Up to 6 can play. I think you'll find that it is a tense strategy game where you have more options than available workers. It can be very competitive and you never have enough resources to do everything you want to accomplish. A highly topical theme; it goes well with just about anything you want: a fruity Riesling, an oaky Chardonnay, a rustic Chianti, a dry Merlot, an elegant Cabernet to a full-bodied late harvest Zinfandel. Partake responsibly.

Bon appetit!
Michigan Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note, I'll be in the KC area for work the 24th and 25th of September, and I am hoping to swing by the cafe on that Wednesday night to play some games to pass the time a bit, just kind of depends on where the office puts me up hotel wise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt
I have would love to play Stonemaier Games' Viticulture. I love worker placement games.
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi BK
Hope to see you there. We always have a table and games ready
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

For Matt bringing the game of Vitculture and I will bring the wine. To help players with the game that has never played:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJK5LWEK7RU

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody
I will be there about 5:30 PM to night starting early,
anybody want to play.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On 17 Sept, I ended my long losing streak, and got a wins in Tzolk’in, with all expansions, (A very fun game) and Cosmic Encounters. I would like to thank Tom for the GREAT paint job on the Tzolk’in wheels. Joshua won the new game to hit the tables Viticulture. I DID MY JOB AT STOPPING AARON.
Remember players of Wednesday night the credo is STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON. This is the reason for the credo; Aaron has won over 50% of the Wil Wheaton Awards:

Winners of the Wil Wheaton Award (most wins in a season)
Season One, with 9 wins, Justin Evert
Season Two, a tie at 7 wins each, Justin Evert and Cyrus Moore
Season Three, with 8 wins, Justin Evert
Season Four, with 14 Wins, Aaron Pattrick
Season Five, a tie at 9 wins each, Tom Bumgardner and Aaron Pattrick
Season Six, with 7 wins, Jeff Lanahan
Season Seven, with 10 wins Aaron Pattrick
Season Eight, with 7 wins Aaron Pattrick
Season Nine, with 8 wins Aaron Pattrick

On the 24 Sept I will bring Tzolk’in, Cosmic Encounters with the first 2 expansions, and Terra Mystica. Too help players that have never played these games you can watch below:

Tzolk’in:

Cosmic Encounters:

Terra Mystica:

We start at 1900 (7PM) and end at 2300 (11pm). So many games to play and so little time to play them all, if you don’t like the games listed above bring your own or play the games in the game library.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there this Wed and I'm happy to play anything but i will bring Alien Frontiers and Caverna to add to the list of available games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caverna!!

I would love to play that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to try out Caverna as well, might just be able to make it even though my hotel is about 1/2 hour away.

As an edit, since I am travelling I will bring a couple small box games along if folks want to try them, Diamonds and Impulse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Oct there will be expansions for Terra Mystica, Keyflower, and 7 Wonders. As soon as I get them I will be bringing those games to play in Nov and Dec.
Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to a very busy week, Kat and I will not be making it this evening. Hope everyone has a good time and hopefully we will be back next week. Happy Gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On 24 Sept, we had 14 players show up to play games. Winners were Phil at Caverna: the cave farm game, Tom at 7 Wonders with expansions, and Me at Terra Mystica. We had Branden form Jefferson City, MO great guy hope when he is in town that he comes by again to play, and another new player William. I DID MY JOB AT STOPPING AARON, they say somebody cut his fuel line; I refuse to confirm or deny this. Aaron has come back from farther than this to win the Wil Wheaton Award (he is only 2 back from the lead), remember players of Wednesday night the credo is STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON. On 1 Oct, I will bring Tzolk’in, Cosmic Encounters with the first 3 expansions, and Terra Mystica. Too help players that have never played these games you can watch below:

Tzolk’in:

Cosmic Encounters:

Terra Mystica:

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for being so welcoming, had a great time and enjoyed getting to play two of my favorite games!!

I am going to be trying to get all the overnight trips to the KC area from now on.

The Game Cafe was an awesome shop!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pattrick
United States
Lawson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Brake line is all fixed now I should be able to make it this week again. See ya'll Weds Night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kat and I will not be there this evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pattrick
United States
Lawson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Late results to add to the regular weds result total. Todd won a game of Libertalia and Laura won a game of Jaipur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

On 1 Oct, we had another big week with 12 players showing up to play games. Winners, Todd won two games of Libertalia, Aaron won one game of Libertalia, Laura and Landon each won a game of Jaipur, and Matt won the close game of Terra Mystica by one point over Dee. The running for the Wil Wheaton award stands at 3 wins for Todd and me (winless this week), followed by Aaron, Tom, Laura, Matt and Phil at two wins each. AARON is back and winning again. Remember the credo is STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, STOP AARON, so somebody else can win the Wil Wheaton Award. We need the help of Kat, Nicholas and Justin some old games to get here and keep Aaron off the win list. On 8 Oct, I will bring Tzolk’in, Cosmic Encounters with the first 4 expansions (Hopping to play at least two games of Cosmic Encounters), and Terra Mystica. Too help players that have never played these games you can watch below:

Tzolk’in:

Cosmic Encounters:

Terra Mystica:

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [84] |