Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
July 6th is Saturday. The 4th is thursday so i was thinking the 3rd which would be Wednesday. I could do the record keeping. Didnt know how turnout would be. I figured Tom would be there but so far doesnt seem like others would. Does that mean youd be out Mike?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Busy at work for awhile so this will be quick. Here are the pics I got from last nights Thursday $1 Board Game Night at Game Cafe. The game that I played were Gaia Project with Nate getting the huge come from behind win.

A 7 player game of Scythe with the new Modular board that was also won by Nate by putting a beatdown on Mike and others.

Next up we split up the group and Me, Nate and Tom played Great Western Trails with Rails to the North expansion that Nate also won.

While Mike, Joshua, Michael and Maygen played a game of Wingspan. Joshua was able to keep Mike at bay for me by winning the Wingspan game! While I did not get a direct pic of the game, I did find this nugget buried in the pic for Great Western Trails...

It's a was great turn out with lots of great games played!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Phil
I will be there to play games with you on Wednesday night but it will not count for the $1.00 club it will just be for fun and any body that reads this and wants to show up and play it will be fun, I think Tom will be there. See you Wednesday night I will be there at 5PM setting up.
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. See you at 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City board game players

THE

THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB

When we meet, we have a signup sheet for the raffle of “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB “held at the end of each season it goes like this:

It will cost you $1.00 to play in the “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB “ each Thursday night you are there to play in the club, one entry for the $1.00. There is a signup sheet for keeping track of your entries into the raffle drawing, and the end of the season. You get one entry point for just showing up and playing board games that you finish. You get a ¼ point entry for each opponent you beat when you win a game, times by the number of hours it took to play the game, rounded to the nearest hour you played, and game named. When all those dollars add up to $50.00+, the season ends, and we have the drawing for the store credit of $50.00+. We also award the Wil Wheaten Award for the most winning points this season of “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “. Other players that don’t want to pay the $1.00, you can play games for free in the other game room.

June 27, 2019

We had ten players show up and played board games on three tables, at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on the THURSDAYS NIGHTS. Thursday nights are good because it is real quite in the store. We play on the 2nd floor overlooking Independence square, beautiful view.

We also had Maygon and Patrick two new players show up to play board games for the 1st time here. Hope they become regular players every week.

On table one.

We started the night off with a three-player game of “Gaia Project” Nathan, beat Aaron and I soundly. Nathan is a master of this game. Up until the last round I though Aaron was going to win, and I was trying to catch him. It ended up with Nathan in first me in second and Aaron in third.

Nathan smiling over his victory, nice win Nathan.

We then started a seven-person game of “Scythe” with expansions and the new modular boards. It was like a new game and with seven players it was a tight game. I made the basic mistake of trying to win a battle and used all my cards and power leaving me wide open for all attacks, and Nathan took advantage of that he was playing Saxony and he battled his way to the win.

Left to right Aaron, Peter, Joshua, me, and back of Nathan (winner)

Left to right Johsua, and Michael.

View from Tom's small perpective of the board, left to right Petser, and Joshua

We then started a four-person game of “Wingspan” and the other players broke off too, two other tables. The game of “Wingspan” was won by Joshua. This game I only played a few times and am still learning to play it well this is a great game and will climb higher in its ranking on Board Game Geek.

Left to right Joshua(winner), Maygon, me, and Michael.

On table two

They started a three-player game of “Great Western Trail” with expansions. This was the hat trick for Nathan winning his third game of the night. I wish I was in this game. Nathan could of taught me a thing or two in this game.

Left to right Nathan's hat trick win for the night and Aaron(Season 32 Wil Wheaton Award winner)

Tom's 43 points in cattle but not enough to win.

On table three.

They played two games of “King of Tokyo”, one played won by William and one won by Patrick.

I know some of you guys read this dripple. I would like to know your thoughts of the games you played, your likes, and dislikes, what you would like to change about playing games of Thursday nights. What kind of tournaments would you like to see played, etc. This paragraph will stay in weekly until I get a lot more responses, please.

Thanks, Aaron White, for your photos and on this night and your responses to the games in and earlier post, great work.

The players that got their butts kicked and didn’t win a game were Michael, Peter, Maygon, Aaron, and me. They will get to pick the first games played next Thursday night.

Maygon said she will bring “Historical Conquest” and I would like to play “Wingspan”.

The night belongs to Patrick, Joshua, William and Nathan each winning one or more games.

Now, the 9th week of Season 32, running for the Wil Wheaton Award; Aaron is still in first place with 9.5 points, I am in 2nd place with 8.5 points, Nathan jumps into 3rd place with 8 points, Tom is in 4th with 7 points, John and Peter are tied for 5th place with 5.25 points, Noah is in 6th with 3.25 points, William is in 7th with 1.75 points, Mark is in 8th with 1 point, the rest are below, etc.

This is the last week of Season 32 and the winner of the Wil Wheaton Award is Aaron W. with 9.5 game points, if I could have won a game it would have been mine. Nice win Aaron W. for his first Wil Wheaton Award in the “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “.

We will not be playing of the 4th of July the store will be closed, but I will be there with Phil and Tom to play on the 3rd of July just for fun, come join us.

On July 11 we will be having the drawing for $52.00 in store credit, and awarding Aaron White with his official Wil Wheaton award. This is also the first week of Season 33.

On the 11th of July, I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “7 Wonders Armada”, and other games. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there.
Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529
Play is from 5pm to 11pm.

Mike George.

P.S. Thanks Tom for the pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

THE

When we meet, we have a signup sheet for the raffle of “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB “held at the end of each season it goes like this:

It will cost you $1.00 to play in the “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB “ each Thursday night you are there to play in the club, one entry for the $1.00. There is a signup sheet for keeping track of your entries into the raffle drawing, and the end of the season. You get one entry point for just showing up and playing board games that you finish. You get a ¼ point entry for each opponent you beat when you win a game, times by the number of hours it took to play the game, rounded to the nearest hour you played, and game named. When all those dollars add up to $50.00+, the season ends, and we have the drawing for the store credit of $50.00+. We also award the Wil Wheaten Award for the most winning points this season of “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “. Other players that don’t want to pay the $1.00, you can play games for free in the other game room.

July 11, 2019

We had six players show up and played board games at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on the THURSDAYS NIGHTS. Thursday nights are good because it is real quite in the store. We play on the 2nd floor overlooking Independence square, beautiful view.

We also had Tanner, lost to D & D, come back to play after a long hiatus, also lost Darin to a card game that shall not be named, but he is back to board games until school starts.

We played three games on table one.

We started the night off with a two-player game of “Copenhagen” won by Darin he way out played me and received 12 points ending the game. This is a great and fast game if you don’t get caught up in AP.

We then started a three-person game of “Wingspan” again Darin took to this like a duck to water, and nailed it like a falcon on a field mouse. This is a great game, that I see more every time I play it.

We then started a four-person game of “Puerto Rico” that Tom and I tied he won with one gold tie breaker nice win Tom. “Puerto Rico” is a game everybody should know and try. I love this game.

Left to right Maygen and me.

Left to right Tom (winner of game), Maygen, me, and Tanner.

I know some of you guys read this dripple. I would like to know your thoughts of the games you played, your likes, and dislikes, what you would like to change about playing games of Thursday nights. What kind of tournaments would you like to see played, etc. This paragraph will stay in weekly until I get a lot more responses, please.

The players that got their
and didn’t win a game were Maygen, Peter, Tanner, and me. We will get to pick the first games played next Thursday night.

Maygon said she will bring “Historical Conquest” and teach us how to play, I would like to play “Wingspan”. Tanner and Peter not sure the games they would like to play?

The night belongs to Darin and Tom each winning one or more games.
Now, the 1th week of Season 33, running for the Wil Wheaton Award Tom is in first with 1.5 points; Darin is in 2nd place with 1.25 points. The rest of us must win some games to get on the board.

The drawing for $52.00 store credit will take place next week.

On the 18th of July, I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “7 Wonders Armada”, and other games. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

PS thanks for the pictures Tom you need to take more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maygon said she will bring “Historical Conquest” and teach us how to play here is a video that can help her:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/138774/historical-conquest-c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

THE

July 18, 2019
We had seven players show up and played board games at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on the THURSDAYS NIGHTS. Thursday nights are good because it is real quite in the store. We play on the 2nd floor overlooking Independence square, beautiful view.

We also had Joshua, come back to play after a long hiatus, keep coming back Josua.

We played four games on table two tables.

On table one.

We started the night off with a four-player game of “Wingspan” won by Aaron, he got the ideal crow, give up an egg and get two any food from the supply. I picked this game because I lost all games last Thursday night, I did get 2nd place.

We then started a four-person game of “Tiny Towns” a game I hate and can’t get a handle on. Joshua gave me a hint on how to play the game and it clicked. I won the game but still a shaky game with me. I will play it when it hits the table but this is a game that I can see me being a real AP on it.

We then started a four-person game of “Great Western Trail” base game that Aaron won. Aaron is back and if he plays every week, he could win the Wil Wheaton Award two seasons in a row, not if I can help it. Great Western Trail I love this game and got another 2nd place.

Left to right back of my head, Aaron the winner, Maygen, and Joshua's head.

Left to right Joshua, me, Aaron , and Maygen

On table two.

They played a three-person game of “Vault of Dragons” won by Peter his first win this season.

Left to right Tom, Peter(the winner) and William

The players that got their butts kicked and didn’t win a game were Maygen, Peter, Joshua, William and Tom. They get to pick the first games played next Thursday night.

Maygon said she will bring “Historical Conquest” and teach us how to play, again. Joshua, William and Tom not sure the games they would like to play?

The night belongs to Aaron, Peter, and me each winning one or more games.

Now, the 2nd week of Season 33, running for the Wil Wheaton Award Aaron jumps into first with 3.75 points, Tom and peter are tied for 2nd place with 1.5 points, Darin is in 3nd place with 1.25 points, I am in 4th with .75 points. The rest of you must win some games to get on the board.

The drawing for $52.00 store credit will take place next week. Sorry the first week was a mistake and Tom said he had the original drawing envelope but could not find it this week, so next week we will have the drawing for Season 32.

Left to right me and Aaron winner of Season 32 Wil Wheaton Award!

On the 25th of July, I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “7 Wonders Armada”, and other games. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Corrie
United States
Blue Springs
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's been years since I played with you guys a few times. I'll try and sneak out for a Thursday night. Keep updating this, some of us read it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is another Video to teach Historical Conquest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U_JessqcQ8

Maygen bring your decks and we will play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

THE

July 25, 2019

We had seven players show up and played board games at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on the THURSDAYS NIGHTS. Thursday nights are good because it is real quite in the store.

We also had two new players Noah and Mason, first time players on Thursday night. They both said they would be back.

We played three games on table one table.

On table one.

We started the night off with a two-player game of “Historical Conquest” won by Maygen. This game was a lot more confusing than I thought, the game info on the cards is confusing and not clear, if you play this game enough you get to know the cards, and it becomes easier, I guess. Maygen is a lover of history, I think Maygen would like “Through the Ages, a new story of Civilization” we will have to play this game.

We then started a five-player game of “Wingspan” a game I love and won this night. I can see why this game won the 2019 Kenner spiel des Jahre Winner, it is in my top 10 games.

Left to right front Mason and me (game winner), back Maygen, Michael, and Joshua.

We then started a seven, yes, a SEVEN-person game of “Scythe” with the new random board and other expansions, won by Tom. I would have won this game, but Tom took the factor square away from me the turn before I got my last star. That one hex was the different between first and second. Nice win Tom.

Left to right Michael, me, Mason, Maygen, Noah, and back of Joshua's head.

Left to right Michael, me and Mason.

Left to right Mason and Maygen.

Tom's victory picture, left to right Tom, Michael, me, Mason, and Joshua.

I know some of you guys and gals read this dripple. I would like to know your thoughts of the games you played, your likes, and dislikes, what you would like to change about playing games of Thursday nights. What kind of tournaments would you like to see played, etc. This paragraph will stay in weekly until I get a lot more responses, please.

The players that got their butts kicked
and didn’t win a game this night were Joshua, Michael, Mason, and Noah. They get to pick the first games that will be played next Thursday night if they want to.

The night belongs to Maygen, Tom and me, each winning one or more games.

Now, the 3rd week of Season 33, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, Tom jumps into first, with 6 points, Aaron falls to 2nd with 3.75 points, I am in 3rd with 2.75 points, Peter is in 4th with 1.5 points, Darin is in 5th place with 1.25 points, Maygen is on the board with .25 points. The rest of you must win some games to get on the board.

The drawing for $52.00 store credit was won by ME, YEA!

On the 1st of August

I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “Through the Ages, a new story of Civilization”, and other games. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

P.S. Thanks Tom for the pictures you need to take more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not many pics from Thursday night as I was only in 2 of the games played. There were 3 other games played in the other room that I was not able to get pics from.

4 Player Wingspan - Won by Mike after an honest gamer realized the numbers were off after they were declared winner... =)

6 Player Lords of Waterdeep - Won by Joshua - This was a tight game

There was games of Hero's Realm(won by Joshua), Tiny Towns(won by Joshua) and Smallworld(won by John) played in the other room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Aaron for the Thursday night update I will not have time to do my report this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

THE

August 15, 2019

We had six players show up and played board games at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on the THURSDAYS NIGHTS. Thursday nights are good because it is real quite in the store.

We also had a new player Milte, first time players on Thursday night.
We played one six player game of Viticulture, Tuscany Essential Edition teaching four new players to the game, it was the only game we played this night. This is one of my favorite games, that I don’t get to play enough. This is the kind of game that is easy to teach but hard to master, the first-time players have a tough time winning this game. Tom and I having player the game several times were in for a run to win the game. The last turn of the game I scored 12 points and passed Tom by 3 points, but he scored 5 points in stars passing me by 2 points GREAT win for Tom. Tom is a modest winner as you can see,
he took a victory lap around the store yelling victory, victory.

Left to right John, Mason, and I early game.

Left to right Milte, John, and Mason.

Left to right William, Milte, John, Looky-Lou?, Mason, and me.

I know some of you guys and gals read this dripple. I would like to know your thoughts of the games you played, your likes, and dislikes, what you would like to change about playing games of Thursday nights. What kind of tournaments would you like to see played, etc. This paragraph will stay in weekly until I get a lot more responses, please.

The players that got their butts kicked and didn’t win a game this night was everybody but Tom, so Tom will have to play the game we want to play next Thursday night.

coolThe night belongs to Tom winning the only game of the night.cool

Now, the 6th week of Season 33, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, Tom gets a stronger hold on first, with 12.75 points, I am in 2nd with 4.25 points, Joshua is in 3rd with 4 points, Aaron and Angela are tied for 4th with 3.75 points, Peter is in 5th with 1.5 points, Darin is in 6th place with 1.25 points, John is in 7th with 1 point. The rest of you must win some games to get on the board.

On the 22nd of August, I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “Through the Ages, a new story of Civilization”, and other games. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there.
Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be playing a game of Through the Ages the original game:

with Maygen and two other players, here is a video to help you learn to play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZNwxNAAS4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN0WjtPZ2lA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVt_ERVyN7A

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/59258/through-ages-story-civ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

THE

August 29, 2019

We had five players show up and played board games at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on the THURSDAYS NIGHTS. Thursday nights are good because it is real quite in the store.

We also had a new player Steven from Texas, first time players on Thursday night.

We played three player game of “Era of Kingdoms”, this was the first game for all three of us. I helped play test this game a long time ago and it has improved immensely, I was luck on the card draw and watched the teach video on the game, so I had an advantage, a little one at that and won the game.

We then played a 5-player game of “Wingspan” won by John. I had a plan, but the engine was slow in getting started. John played a good game and earned the win, great win John.

Early game me, and John

The new guy Steven enjoying the game.

The oldest guy to play there ME.

The thinker John(game winner)

Left to right Steven, Mark (helping Steven and William learn the game) and me.

Left to right Tom, Steven, Mark, William, me, and John.

Final score sheet.

The players that got their
were Tom, Steven, and William and didn’t win a game this night. They will get to pick the game they want to play next Thursday.

coolThe night belongs to John and I, each winning a game.cool

Now, the 7th week of Season 33, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, Tom is in firsts with 12.75 points, I am in 2nd with 5.25 points, Joshua and John are tied for 3rd with 4 points, Aaron and Angela are tied for 4th with 3.75 points, Peter is in 5th with 1.5 points, Darin is in 7th place with 1.25 points. The rest of you must win some games to get on the board.

On the 29nd of August, I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “Through the Ages, a new story of Civilization”, and any other games I have other players would like me to bring. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we on for Thursday Night boardgames with the shop closing early for SantiCaliGon Days starting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
no, i confirmed via facebook that this Thursday they will be closing at 5pm and game night is canceled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NO I talked to Tom the owner and game night is still on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I plan on being there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
wish i had seen this in time,aawww well i see ya'll next Thursday then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

THE

$1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB

August 29, 2019

We had four players show up and played board games at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on the THURSDAYS NIGHTS. Thursday nights are good because it is real quite in the store.

We started playing a four-player game of “Era of Kingdoms”. I helped play test this game a long time ago and it has improved immensely, and the more I play it the more I like it. This time I attacked the other players and stole most of the riches cards, that helped me win the game.

Left to right Maygen and Aaron

Left to right tipsy me and Maygen

We then played a three-player game of “Abomination” won by Aaron. I think I might like this game but I a hard time with the colors I am partially color blind and had a tough time seeing the differences in the colors. Game companies should be conscious of color-blind people.

The players that got their butts kicked were Maygen and Tom. They will get to pick the first game they want to play next Thursday.

coolThe night belongs to Aaron and I, each winning a game.cool

Now, the 8th week of Season 33, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, Tom is in firsts with 12.75 points, I am in 2nd with 6.75 points, Aaron jumps into 3rd with 5.25 points, Joshua and John are tied for 4th with 4 points, Angela is in 5th with 3.75 points, Peter is in 6th with 1.5 points, Darin is in 7th place with 1.25 points. The rest of you must win some games to get on the board.

On the 5th of August, I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “Through the Ages, a new story of Civilization”, and any other games I have other players would like me to bring. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maygen said she would be here to night to play Through the Ages, we will see.

I will be playing a game of Through the Ages the original game:

We will be playing the peaceful version and only, the game will end when we get to the modern era.

with Maygen and two other players, here is a video to help you learn to play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZNwxNAAS4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN0WjtPZ2lA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVt_ERVyN7A

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/59258/through-ages-story-civ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

THE

$1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB

September 5, 2019

We had eight players show up to play board games on two tables at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on the THURSDAYS NIGHTS. Thursday nights are good because it is real quite in the store.

On table one we started playing a four-player game of “Through the Ages” that Tom pulled into the lead on the last turn taking the win from me. We had two new players to the game, and it took longer than normal. It was a long time that I played this game and raked my brain for the rules in teaching this game it is a great game and this old version is still in the top 100 games.

We then played a four-player game of “Wingspan” won by again by Tom, he ran away with the game with 80 points the rest of us were in the 60’s this the first game of “Wingspan” that I came in last. I thought that I was doing better than that but 60, 64 and 69 points. I scored 21 points in the last four turns and thought I was doing well, but not well enough. I will keep playing this game ever time it hits the table.

Left to right Maygen, William, and me.

Left to right me and Peter taking Maygen's place in the game.

Tom wanted to take a picture of my last place board to embarrass me, oops, I started to cleaning up.

On table two they played a three players game of “Catan” that was won by Angela, nice win Angela I love this game wish I could play at two tables at the same time.

They followed this up with a 4-player game of “Tiny Towns” won by Peter.

The players that got their butts kicked were Maygen, William, Joshua, Michael, and me. We will get to pick the first games we want to play next Thursday.

coolThe night belongs to Angela, Peter, and Tom each winning a game or two.cool

Now, the 8th week of Season 33, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, Tom lounges in firsts with 16.5 points, I am in 2nd with 6.75 points, Aaron jumps into 3rd with 5.25 points, Angels moves up to 4th with 4.75 points, Joshua and John are tied for 5th with 4 points, Peter is in 6th with 2.25 points, Darin is in 7th place with 1.25 points. The rest of you must win some games to get on the board.

On the 12th of September, I will be setting up “Navigator” to play as the first game.

I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “Through the Ages, a new story of Civilization”, and any other games I have other players would like me to bring. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

P.S. Thanks Tom for the few pictures you need to take MORE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be playing "Endeavor age of Sail" for the first game next Thursday night:

Here are some video to help you play the game:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/204468/endeavor-age-sail/pla...

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/222098/endeavor-age-sail/rah...

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/193019/endeavor-age-sail/gam...

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/214346/endeavor-age-sail/jon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  80 , 81 , 82 , 83 , 84  Next »  [84] |