United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kansas City board game players

THE

$1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB

When we meet, we have a signup sheet for the raffle of “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB “held at the end of each season it goes like this:

It will cost you $1.00 to play in the “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB “each Thursday night you are there to play in the club, one entry for the $1.00. There is a signup sheet for keeping track of your entries into the raffle drawing, and the end of the season. You get one entry point for just showing up and playing board games that you finish. You get a ¼ point entry for each opponent you beat when you win a game, times by the number of hours it took to play the game, rounded to the nearest hour you played, and game named. When all those dollars add up to $50.00+, the season ends, and we have the drawing for the store credit of $50.00+. We also award the Wil Wheaten Award for the most winning points this season of “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “. Other players that don’t want to pay the $1.00, you can play games for free in the other game room, but not with club members.

This is the start of Season 35 first week, and we had a new player, Aaron’s better half Alison, hope she comes back again. We had to move Thursday night to Saturday 2 November because of Halloween spooks this year.

November 2, 2019

We had five players show up to play board games on two tables at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on this Thursday night gaming, moved by spooks of Halloween to Saturday this year. We had a “Wingspan” Tournament that five players showed up to play in. We started one table at 6 PM with 3 players, and 2 players waited until 6:30 PM, waiting for any last-minute players to show up, no one else showed up.

The "Wingspan" Trophy

On table one

We played three games of “Wingspan”. First game was a three-player game won by John (John 86, Phil 79 and Aaron 69), second game was won by Alison (Alison 112, Phil 101, John 94, Aaron 90 and me 65). At this point we had a discussion on how to finish the scoring after the next game. John golden tongue wanted total of all points in the three games to determine the winner, he covered both options if he won the last game, he took first, if he came in 2nd or 3rd he would still win. I wanted the most 1st place winners to determine the winner, if Phil or Aaron won, we could go to points, but John golden tongue won the debate. Score of the last game won by me (I got 103, John 89, Aaron 88, Phil 83, and Alison 78). I WAS ROBBED, BY THE SILVER-TONGUED JOHN!

Left to right Alison, John, me, and Phil.

Left to right John, Phil, me, and Alison.

On table two

Alison and I played a two-player game of “Wingspan” at 6:30 PM that was won by me, score Alison 65 and I at 76. Then Alison and I moved to table one for two five-player games listed above.

The night belongs to Alison, John and me, each winning a game or two.

The big winner of the night was really John he won the Wil Wheaton Award for Season 34, he won the drawing for $51.00 dollars in store credit, and he won the “Wingspan” tournament for another $20.00 in store credit, and the trophy.

John getting the Wil Wheaton Award from me.

Me giving John the "Wingspan" Trophy

The players that got their but kicked were, Phil, and Aaron they get to pick the first games to play next Thursday night we play.

Now, the 1st week of Season 35, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, Alison is in first with 3 points, I am in 2nd with 2.5 points, John is in 3rd with 2 points. The rest will have to play and win more games to get on the list.

I know some of you guys read this dripple. I would like to know your thoughts of the games you played, your likes, and dislikes, what you would like to change about playing games of Thursday nights. What kind of tournaments would you like to see played, etc. This paragraph will stay in weekly until I get a lot more responses, please.

7th of November

I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “Through the Ages, a new story of Civilization”, and any other games I have other players would like me to bring. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there.

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529
Play is from 5pm to 11pm.

Mike George.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there tonight but I will be a bit late. My managers last day is tomorrow and we are having a quick get together after work.

I will be there after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THE

$1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB

When we meet, we have a signup sheet for the raffle of “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB “held at the end of each season it goes like this:

It will cost you $1.00 to play in the “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB “each Thursday night you are there to play in the club, one entry for the $1.00. There is a signup sheet for keeping track of your entries into the raffle drawing, and the end of the season. You get one entry point for just showing up and playing board games that you finish. You get a ¼ point entry for each opponent you beat when you win a game, times by the number of hours it took to play the game, rounded to the nearest hour you played, and game named. When all those dollars add up to $50.00+, the season ends, and we have the drawing for the store credit of $50.00+. We also award the Wil Wheaten Award for the most winning points this season of “THE GAME CAFÉ $1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “. Other players that don’t want to pay the $1.00, you can play games for free in the other game room, but not with club members.

We had a new player Phyllo, and we had two long lost players show up to play games again, Darin and Brendan. Darin is lost to the dark side of “Keyforge” and trying to pull other players to the dark side.

November 7, 2019

We had 12 players show up to play board games on two tables at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on this Thursday night gaming. Thanksgiving comes on Thursday night 28 November; it looks like the Turkey will push game night to Saturday night November 30, hope this brings in Phil and Kenneth in.

On table one

We started playing a four-person game of “Splendor” that Tom won. I was sitting to the right of him and I was the first player my next move and I would have won, but everybody else would have had a chance to bet me. Nice win Tom.

We went on to play two five-person games of “Tapestry” 1st one won by Aaron, the second was won by Michael his first win in a long time. Good wins Aaron and Michael.

Left to right me, Michael, Joshua, Mark, picture taken by Aaron winner of the first game.

Left to right me helping Michael in his first game back of heads Peter taking over for Mark, and Joshua.

Left to right me and Michael game in hand winner of the second.

Left to right Michael, Joshua, Peter, me, Aaron, and Mark.

On table two

They played a four-person game of “Colony” won by Noah.

They followed this up with a four-person game of “Eco” won by Phyllo.

They then broke into the dark side and played three games of “Key Forge” two won by Darin and one won by Phyllo.

coolThe night belongs to Aaron, Noah, Tom, Darin, Phyllo, and Michael, each winning a game or two.cool

The players that got their but kicked were, Brendan, William, Joshua, Mark, Peter, and me. We will get to pick the first game played next Thursday night, I will be setting up "Scythe".

Now, the 2nd week of Season 35, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, Aaron jumps into 1st with 4 point, Alison falls back to 2nd with 3 points, I am in 3rd with 2.5 points, Michael jumps into 4th with 2 points, John and Phyllo are tied for 5th with 1 point, Noah and Tom are tied for 6th with .75 points, and Darin is in 7th with .5 points. The rest must win more games to get on the list.

I know some of you guys read this dripple. I would like to know your thoughts of the games you played, your likes, and dislikes, what you would like to change about playing games of Thursday nights. What kind of tournaments would you like to see played, etc. This paragraph will stay in weekly until I get a lot more responses, please.

14th of November

I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Puerto Rico”, “Great Wester Tail” with “Rails to the North” expansion. I will bring “Copenhagen”, and “Gaia Project” because I have the new plastic over lays. 7 Wonders” with the new expansion “Through the Ages, a new story of Civilization”, and any other games I have other players would like me to bring. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there at:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

PS thanks for the pictures Aaron and Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom B
msg tools
Side Notes by Tom:

Great write up, Mike! I will be there Thursday, but I have school play festivities to go to for family, so don't expect me there until 9pm. We can setup the new tables and use the chairs with special feet only. See you there!

Darin is interested in doing a Keyforge League, so we will have more information on that to come. Keyforge is a great game to play between larger games, and I encourage people to try it if you are waiting for a group to start a game.

I will have the "Golden Meeple" for players as they win Board Game Seasons now. First one will go to John, so hopefully he will be there Thursday to receive it.

I plan on bringing "Civilization: A New Dawn" and "Ecos" again. Now that enough people know how to play Ecos, I would like to play it with the drafting rules for a more competitive game. The beginner rules are good for the mechanics, but definitely not balanced for repeated play.

Hope to see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The order of things in life, family first, job second, and gaming third!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THE

$1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB

We had a new player, Lisa, Maygen’s friend show up to play. Hope she comes back often.

November 14, 2019

We had 7 players show up to play board games on one table at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on this Thursday night gaming.

Thanksgiving comes on Thursday night 28 November; it looks like the Turkey will push game night to Saturday night November 30, hope this brings in Phil and Kenneth in.

On table one

We started playing a four-person game of “Tapestry” that Brendan won. This is a game I can’t get a handle on but I will keep trying. Good win Brendan. He beat us like a drum all most over lapping us with 200+ points.

Left to right Lisa, Maygen, and Branden(the winner)

Board close to end of game.

Players came and went Phyllo and I played a two-person game of “Splendor” that I won. If Phyllo had one more turn he would have won.

We then went onto play a four-person game of “Tyrants of the Underdark” won by Phyllo. He killed every body in this game.

Left to right William, and me.

Phyllo the winner.

Final score sheet.

coolThe night belongs to Brendan, Phyllo, and me, each winning a game.cool

The players that got their
were, Maygen, William, Lisa, and Tom.

Now, the 3rd week of Season 35, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, Aaron holds onto 1st with 4 point, Phyllo, jumps in to 2nd with 3.25, points, Alison falls back to 3rd with 3 points, I am in 4th with 2.75 points, Michael is in 5th with 2 points, John is in 6th with 1 point, Noah and Tom are tied for 7th with .75 points, and Darin is in 8th with .5 points. The rest must win more games to get on the list.

21st of November

I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Tapestry” with the new buildings stands, “Lords of Waterdeep “, and maybe more. If you want me to bring in other games I have just ask and I might bring it in. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there at the:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
i will be there on the Thurs. the 21st, im bringing cthulhu death may die with me along with the Kickstarter expansion FOUND HERE . it may be a 1-2 hour game with 5 players.. sorry i havent been there last couple weeks but i had things seem to happen both times.

game review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fVBRK2-Lgo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there nov 30th. I will bring and would like to play Underwater Cities if there is any interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to play "Underwater Cities"

Playthrough video:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/221281/underwater-cities/und...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THE

$1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB

We had a new player, Deacon, Maygen’s friend show up to play. Maygen is bringing in new game players, thanks Maygen!

November 21, 2019

We had 8 players show up to play board games on two table at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on this Thursday night gaming. Thanksgiving comes on Thursday night 28 November; it looks like the Turkey will push game night to Saturday night November 30, hope this brings in Phil and Kenneth in and others that can’t make it in on Thursday nights.

On table one

We started playing a six-person game of “Scythe” that John won. This is a game I can’t play enough and will keep playing it any time it hits the table. John as usual has never played this game, and as he is climbing up the points ladder, he points out the other players are winning, but not him. I must give it to him he played a great move getting 20 food and fighting off ever body else and to hold on to it. Great win John.

We then played a 3-person game of “Splendor” won by me this is another game in my top fifty.

We played a quick game of “Zombie Dice” I hate dice games unless you can modify the die some way. John won this game.

We then played a four-person game of “Ticket to Ride” won by John. He only completed one ticket but had the longest train. Another good win John.

On table two

They played a game of “Era of Kingdoms” won by Phyllo, this is a fun game of kingdom building.

They went on to play a game of “Tiny Towns” and Maygen won her first game of the season. Good win Maygen.

coolThe night belongs to John, Phyllo, Maygen, and me, each winning a game or three.cool

were, William, Deacon, Brendan, and Tom. They get to pick the first game they want to play on the 30 November night.

Now, the 4th week of Season 35, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, John jumps into first with 8 points, Aaron falls back to 2nd with 4 point, Phyllo is in 3rd with 3.75, points, I am in 4th with 3.25 points, Alison falls back to 5th with 3 points, Michael is in 6th with 2 points, John is in 7th with 1 point, Noah and Tom are tied for 8th with .75 points, and Darin and Maygen are tied for 9th with .5 points. The rest must win more games to get on the list.

Saturday the 30th of November

I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Tapestry” with the new buildings stands, “Lords of Waterdeep “, and maybe more. If you want me to bring in other games I have, just ask and I might bring it in. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there at the:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

PS Tom the pictures taker is falling down on the job, not pictures this week, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can make it Saturday I have Western Legends with Ante Up and all the little expansions and I also have Wingspan with the European Expansion and the new starter cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope to see you there, looking forward to playing.
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THE

$1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB

We had Phil show up again in a long time hopefully he will get a AM shift at his new job and be here more often.

November 30, 2019

We had 3 players show up to play board games at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on this Saturday night gaming. We will be back to Thursday nights December 5 on.

On table one

We started playing a three-player game of “Wingspan” with the expansion “New European birds”, this added lots of new birds and new way to get points. “New European birds” also has between round actions and with this many birds it seems harder to get a points engine going but I have only played one game, we will see. Phil won this game good win Phil.

We then played a 3-person game of “Underwater Cities” won by Phil also. This is a new game to me and after one play I like it so far. Phil 3-D printed little subs and player pieces and they are nice. I love the idea of card actions along with space actions and the actions of your player board there is so much to do I notice AP with all of us., Being our first game it took us 4 hours, I think this might be a 3 hour game with 3 to 4 players.

left to right Phil(the winner) and me.

coolThe night belongs to Phil winning both games.cool

kicked were, John and me. We get to pick the first game they want to play on the 5 December night. I think I will start with "Terraforming Mars" with expansions.

Now, the 5th week of Season 35, running for the Wil Wheaton Award, John is in first with 8 points, Aaron is in 2nd with 4 point, Phyllo is in 3rd with 3.75, points, I am in 4th with 3.25 points, Alison and Phil are tied in 5th with 3 points, Michael is in 6th with 2 points, John is in 7th with 1 point, Noah and Tom are tied for 8th with .75 points, and Darin and Maygen are tied for 9th with .5 points. The rest must win more games to get on the list.

On the 5th of December

I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Tapestry” with the new buildings stands, “Lords of Waterdeep “, and maybe more. If you want me to bring in other games I have, just ask and I might bring it in. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you, we are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there at the:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

PS Tom the pictures taker is falling down on the job, only one picture this week, sorry, but thanks John for the few pictures we have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THE

$1.00 BOARD GAMING CLUB

We had a new player, Chris a friend John, thanks John!

December 5, 2019

We had 7 players show up to play board games on two table at the “$1.00 BOARD GAMEING CLUB “on this Thursday night gaming.

On table one

We started playing a five-player game of “Terraforming Mars” with the expansion “Venus”, this is a game that Tom wins a lot and he did again, winning the tie breaker with John.

Left to right John and me.

Left to right Mark and John.

Left to right Mark, John, Phyllo, and me. Tom(winner)taking the picture.

On table two

They played two games of “Gloom” one won by John, the other won by our new player Chris.

They also played a game of chess won by Darin.

The night belongs to Chris, John, Tom and Darin each winning a game.

The players that got their but kicked were, Mark, Phyllo, and me. We get to pick the first game they want to play on the 12 December night. I will be bringing "Terraforming Mars" again I should have the new expansion and will be playing with all expansions this time.

Now, the 6th week of Season 35, running for the Wil Wheaton Award.

John is in first with 8.25 points, Tom jumps in 2nd with 5.75 points, Aaron is in 3nd with 4 points, Phyllo is in 4th with 3.75, points, I am in 5th with 3.25 points, Alison and Phil are tied in 6th with 3 points, Michael is in 7th with 2 points, Noah and Darin are tied for 8th with .75 points, Maygen is in 9th with .5 and Chris is in 10th with .25 points. The rest must win more games to get on the list.

On the 12th of December

I will also bring “Scythe” with the new changeable boards, “Tapestry” with the new buildings stands, “Lords of Waterdeep “, and maybe more. If you want me to bring in other games I have, just ask and I might bring it in. If you want to bring the games you want to play, bring them in. If there is a game you want to learn, let us know on the form, and if anybody has it, and most likely willing to teach you. We are a good friendly group of game players. Hope to see you there at the:

Game Café
107 West Lexington
Independence, MO. 64050
816-252-7529

Mike George.

PS Tom thanks for the pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  80 , 81 , 82 , 83 , 84  |