Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that Fire Mountain Games is not currently shipping copies of the Ogre: Nightfall expansion or responding to email communication. My order placed using their website through PayPal is not being shipped. Has anyone else experienced this? I placed my order the last week of January.

I contacted Steve Jackson Games to inquire about this situation since I used the "Order Now" link present on the Sponsored Counter Sheets page of their website. They confirmed that others had contacted them with similar stories about Fire Mountain Games but would do nothing about it.

Is anyone from Fire Mountain Games able to respond or does anyone else have information?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last email I had from FMG was in November and said:

Quote:
We should very soon have a concrete ship date for when OGRE: Nightfall will be on its way to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTorres
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the same position. I ordered last year and haven't heard anything. After sending them an email a week ago I have not received an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonman wrote:
I am in the same position. I ordered last year and haven't heard anything.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lerker X
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same here. Ordered in December. No news

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Polomsky
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered in Dec. No news since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
throwingmuse wrote:
It seems that Fire Mountain Games is not currently shipping copies of the Ogre: Nightfall expansion or responding to email communication. My order placed using their website through PayPal is not being shipped. Has anyone else experienced this? I placed my order the last week of January.

I ordered way back at the dawn of time when they first announced the sheets for sale. No communication, apart from a PayPal receipt.

Quote:
I contacted Steve Jackson Games to inquire about this situation since I used the "Order Now" link present on the Sponsored Counter Sheets page of their website. They confirmed that others had contacted them with similar stories about Fire Mountain Games but would do nothing about it.

*Can* do nothing about it is likely more accurate. Fire Mountain isn't affiliated with SJG except to the extent that they put up money for Ogre DE and got a sponsored counter sheet in return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered in December, and have heard nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ordered Dec 18th and nothing since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard anything from Drew Metzger for Barbarians at the Gate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
so the last update on the site was...

Quote:
Update 12/20/2013:

Very good news! The counters have arrived from Steve Jackson Games. I’ve received an 800 lb. pallet and the counters look great. Many thanks to Steve Jackson for this amazing opportunity to support the amazing OGRE Designer’s Edition.

We are also expecting the scenario booklets shortly as well. We have to assemble the counters and booklets together and ship them all out. I expect this will happen in January. Remember that we are a small company with only two employees so please be patient with us. This is also a great chance to update your address if it has changed since your preorder!

And thanks to all of you for supporting us and making this possible. I’m eager to ship out Ogre: Nightfall as quickly as possible and see what you think of it.

What I can never understand is the lack of communication. If you can't even afford to reply to emails, just an update on BGG or your own site will find it's way around. But silence is never a good policy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Hon
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered back in November. Still waiting. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hweston wrote:

Yes,

He sent out updates just yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hweston wrote:

Oops, left off link:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=1721226&postcount=2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking a wait and see approach on the Ogre: Nightfall situation. December 20th was not that long ago really. Just over a month ago.

According to the 12/20 update, they have the counters, but not the scenario book. These things always take longer than anticipated, although the lack of communication given the buzz about peoples' comfort level is not a good sign.

(They've got my money, too...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that he's been waiting for the exchange deal with Tiffin ganmes for thier sheetds to be fully worked out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mark_biggar wrote:
I think that he's been waiting for the exchange deal with Tiffin ganmes for thier sheetds to be fully worked out.

To be clear, the Drew/Tiffin Games sheet swap has nothing to do with Fire Mountain. Most of that discussion is going on under the $4500 thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14800188#14800188

Any questions about Barbarians at the Gates should be moved there and this thread should be left for Ogre: Nightfall questions only to avoid any confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to remember if I ordered this one. I think I did. Man, hope I can find an email receipt!

I agree, if you are going to take money, you need to keep people informed. Considering they've had the counters for months, I think an update is in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Carter
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I would have to retrieve an email archive to give exact dates but this my experience with Fire Mountain/Nightfall.

The sheets were up for sale in May 2012 and I paid for a set.

They made a call for playtesters and I signed up. I figured my Shockwave credits would give me an advantage in being accepted.

Two weeks after the playtester signup deadline I had recieved no acceptance or rejection. I sent an email asking if the lack of acceptance notice meant I was out of the playtest. I wanted to know so I could pick up another playtest gig if I had been rejected. Nightfall was my preferred project.

I got an email from Gary saying I had been accepted as a playtester and apologizing for being late in sending out the playtest acceptance notices.

At least one month and maybe two months after the projected start of the external playtesting I got an email postponing playtesting. SJG had by this time also announced postponement of delivery of ODE.

Two months later I sent an email asking simply if playtesting had been rescheduled. No reply.

I let some months go by (2? 3?) and sent an email asking simply if the playtest had been rescheduled. No reply. I had other more active projects to work on and did not make a third try.

To my knowledge the external playtesting never happened.

At the ODE launch party in Austin the Nightfall sheets were for sale as were many others like Barbarians at the Gate. Barbarians had a sign up sheet for the Barbarians scenario book. Anyone purchasing those counters would be tracked and taken care of. Fire Mountain/Nightfall did nothing to track and take care of its purchasers.

From what I have seen (ODE and other projects) Fire Mountain is horrendous at communicating, consistently misses internal goals, consistently misses external deadlines, did limited playtesting on the Nightfall campaign, was unable to get the campaign book together by the time ODE published 17 months later when 6 months was the original expected time frame, and is horrendous at communicating.

The value of Nightfall to me was the campaign which has a great core concept. I have plenty of counters, so many counters (and overlays) that I still have not punched out 9 sheets from other sponsors. Poor project management and the canceled playtesting leave me with serious doubts that the campaign will be worth $20. At this point I would rather cancel my order. Given that Fire Mountain has gone completely unresponsive how can I do that?

Edit: "Wow, look at all the text. Looks like it bothers me more than I had realized"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not concerned. I did some reading before hand and realized how problematic communication with them was, but still pulled the trigger on a set. It'll happen eventually. There's a lot of customers standing in this line and I'm sure they are receiving many requests for information and even refunds. If they don't pull it together, their reputation will be hurting more than any one of us individually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leif_G wrote:
I'm not concerned. I did some reading before hand and realized how problematic communication with them was, but still pulled the trigger on a set. It'll happen eventually. There's a lot of customers standing in this line and I'm sure they are receiving many requests for information and even refunds. If they don't pull it together, their reputation will be hurting more than any one of us individually.

What do you mean their Rep will be hurting, it already is. Poor communication and any threads on the SJG site is locked fairly quickly. It really is annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lochmoigh wrote:
Leif_G wrote:

What do you mean their Rep will be hurting, it already is. Poor communication and any threads on the SJG site is locked fairly quickly. It really is annoying.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still in the window of a paypal dispute, however, I do want the counters. I had started a paypal claim and cancelled it. I figure that $25 isn't much of a gamble.

I wish SJG would apply some pressure on them. I hate to see SJG take a reputation hit based on another supplier screwing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
tatooine_todd wrote:
I wish SJG would apply some pressure on them. I hate to see SJG take a reputation hit based on another supplier screwing up.

How does this reflect on SJG? FMG isn't SJG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JazzFish wrote:
tatooine_todd wrote:

How does this reflect on SJG? FMG isn't SJG.

I'm not sying it's deserved, however, SJG set up the proxy counter system in the Kick Starter thus linking themselves for good or ill to the sponsors of the extra counters.

I agree that SJG has no control over what a sponsor does or does not do, however, they could put pressure on them to deliver the SJG product to the SJG customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.