Subject: Should I have received my Kickstarter copy yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
In Malta, I should add...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been some delays with the European distribution of the KS rewards. Last backers message on January 28th said the games were on the way to the European distributor, so I suspect this is still in progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josep Jover

Cornellà de Llobregat
Barcelona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopperdan wrote:
There have been some delays with the European distribution of the KS rewards. Last backers message on January 28th said the games were on the way to the European distributor, so I suspect this is still in progress.
Well, it's been more than 2 weeks now since the last message from Bashka Games, and the games don't show up. Besides, we got no detailed info about the delays, no tracking numbers... We still got nothing.

Even worse, the games are available at some distributors in Europe, at a cheaper price than that the backers paid for supporting the campaign.

It's becoming one of the worst KS I've backed: no detailed info, 8 months of delay, and the game is distributed worldwide before most of the backers can get their copy...

(p.s.: it's terrible to see this advert under the forum: "What's He Building in There? on Amazon.com $39.95". Want my money back!!! And get it thru Amazon! Not only I'd save nearly $25, I'd get it faster at my doorstep!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! It does seem that certain companies use Kickstarter to appropriate the necessary funds to publish their game and them seem to treat the backers like dirt. Very shoddy business practices should be highlighted and shamed energetically on the geek (and elsewhere for that matter). Sorry to read about how the game can now be purchased on Amazon for a sizable price difference and be delivered to your door while the original backers wait in silence. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P McP
United Kingdom
Petworth
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The designer/publisher are terrible at responding as well. I have contacted them through KS as well as via Facebook with no response to either. I first contacted him BEFORE Christmas, when I first found the game "in stock" at an online retailer in the UK... still waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Goldstone
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No matter how good this game and others - I will never buy another of this companies games.
It's been 1 lie to another - and to put on the shelves before your backers get the game is utterly despicable.

For extra pain it is cheaper online than I paid to back it.

companies like this that put the BG business to shame, and make you double take any KS project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm assuming I'm still not the only person who hasn't gotten their copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a retail copy from an OLGS about 3-4 weeks ago. USA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked one up in my FLGS just over a month ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thearkhammonk wrote:
I picked one up in my FLGS just over a month ago.

Yeah, I expect I'll see lots of copies sitting around at Gencon in August as well... who wants to bet I won't have my copy by then? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! Arrived in Malta today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls