Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Season 3 Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info about season 3 getting to KS? Competetive mode!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Passamonti
Italy
Pordenone
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also waiting it
Hopefully there will be on march or april... I hope...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
WHERE IS JA?!
badge
Help me Ja Rule
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so not ready for Season 3, personally I would be fine with skipping a year!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been a huge fan of Zombicide since the beginning. To be honest, it's already bloated with all the material (and promos) we have from Seasons 1, 2 and Toxic City Mall. We're running into an issue of having more survivors (and zombivors) than we know what to do with. And what was a fairly streamlined Zombie game is getting pretty convoluted with all the new rules and exceptions from complex situations that can occur. There's really nothing more I want for this game. I'd rather put my $200+ towards other games.

If they're going to do more, about the only thing I might be interested in is a tile expansion (with some scenarios to go with it) that adds more outdoor areas... like a graveyard and/or forest or something. But I have no interest in another big box stand-alone game, nor more survivors, nor more zombies, nor more types - aside from perhaps a "final boss" or two... but again, that could be included in a small tile expansion. I'm certainly not interested in taking a co-op game and trying to turn it into a competitive game, whether that's team based or a free-for-all.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
Avatar
mb
Yeah, for me TCM sized expansions (maybe with more tiles and scenarios) would be better than a full-blown Season 3 big box plus the accompanying Kickstarter and millions more survivors.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When GG posted the photos of the 'YMCA' figures on their Facebook page, people were speculating about Season 3 and I posted:

"Leave at least 6 months before Season 3, please!"

And GG replied with words to the effect of:

"Don't worry"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dany Marcil
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
When GG posted the photos of the 'YMCA' figures on their Facebook page


When did GG post the photos of the YMCA figures?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Alvarado
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have a lot of scenarios and non-played heroes, etc. Still have a lot of fun to enjoy. Why to hurry?

In my case, I will prefer also they take time to launch a new kickstarter.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter will be held this summer, and S3 will release in approx. 1 year.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dmarcil wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
When GG posted the photos of the 'YMCA' figures on their Facebook page


When did GG post the photos of the YMCA figures?
Early January.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd prefer they just develop whatever expansion(s) they want with all the money they've already got from the KS campaigns and release them to retail. Crowd-funding at this point seems silly, but I know I'm probably in the minority who thinks that. I'd echo Jeff that some outdoor tiles would be cool, but otherwise there is so much variety already that I'm not terribly interested in adding more to my Zombicide.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fife
United States
charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As of January 4 at 11:48 am Guillotine games response was
Quote:
Season 3 is not coming so soon... Gamers need some time to get used to Season 2 and TCM... We are just having fun designing new stuff...

said in the comments for the same post mentioned earlier
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward F
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I've been a huge fan of Zombicide since the beginning. To be honest, it's already bloated with all the material (and promos) we have from Seasons 1, 2 and Toxic City Mall. We're running into an issue of having more survivors (and zombivors) than we know what to do with. And what was a fairly streamlined Zombie game is getting pretty convoluted with all the new rules and exceptions from complex situations that can occur. There's really nothing more I want for this game. I'd rather put my $200+ towards other games.

If they're going to do more, about the only thing I might be interested in is a tile expansion (with some scenarios to go with it) that adds more outdoor areas... like a graveyard and/or forest or something. But I have no interest in another big box stand-alone game, nor more survivors, nor more zombies, nor more types - aside from perhaps a "final boss" or two... but again, that could be included in a small tile expansion. I'm certainly not interested in taking a co-op game and trying to turn it into a competitive game, whether that's team based or a free-for-all.

I'm with you. I have more survivors then I know what to do with now. I Can't even fit everything into one box anymore. I'm not sure there is much more I'd need other than some unique scenarios, or maybe a boss zombie or something. Definitely not another big box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkJedi wrote:
iNano78 wrote:
I've been a huge fan of Zombicide since the beginning. To be honest, it's already bloated with all the material (and promos) we have from Seasons 1, 2 and Toxic City Mall. We're running into an issue of having more survivors (and zombivors) than we know what to do with. And what was a fairly streamlined Zombie game is getting pretty convoluted with all the new rules and exceptions from complex situations that can occur. There's really nothing more I want for this game. I'd rather put my $200+ towards other games.

If they're going to do more, about the only thing I might be interested in is a tile expansion (with some scenarios to go with it) that adds more outdoor areas... like a graveyard and/or forest or something. But I have no interest in another big box stand-alone game, nor more survivors, nor more zombies, nor more types - aside from perhaps a "final boss" or two... but again, that could be included in a small tile expansion. I'm certainly not interested in taking a co-op game and trying to turn it into a competitive game, whether that's team based or a free-for-all.

I'm with you. I have more survivors then I know what to do with now. I Can't even fit everything into one box anymore. I'm not sure there is much more I'd need other than some unique scenarios, or maybe a boss zombie or something. Definitely not another big box.

Yeah I agree, I would love to see mini expansions with just tiles and scenarios, and maybe a few survivors. I have enough zombies and zombie varieties. Making interesting maps is difficult however.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A S3 Kickstarter anytime within the next 6 months or so virtually guarantees I'll be sitting it out. After two spring Zombicide KS campaigns in a row, I need a break.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I would pretty much need to wait till August or September, and even then it will be competing with Myth, so we'll see who gets my money.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for Season 2 to be complete...

-shnar
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I'm still waiting for Season 2 to be complete...
D'u mean Wave 2, or are you still missing stuff from Wave 1?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wave 2. But still, it's not complete until that all comes out

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Just wave 2. But still, it's not complete until that all comes out
True.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only thing i'd like from a new season are new tiles (school or hospital).
Turning a cooperative game into a competitive one never works great, in my experience (Black secret for ghost stories for example).
A new AI faction such as bandits could be intresting, if it dosen't become too complicated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know we are getting hospital themed tiles. I'm not sure whether I'll back the next KS either, I haven't played much of TCM/PO are with so many missions still to play I think it'll be a while until I'm ready for new stuff.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am not ready for a Season 3 Kickstarter any time soon. But as much as I would like to say I'd skip it if it came out soon. I know I wouldn't.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it's a combination of already too much content and not wanting to back anymore cmon projects. Their customer service is just awful.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
For me it's a combination of already too much content and not wanting to back anymore cmon projects. Their customer service is just awful.

This is sort of where I am. If S3 went live today, I'd probably attempt to grab an Early Bird spot (because reasons) and then spend the entire rest of the campaign trying to convince myself not to drop it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls