Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I need to get clear on Italy or Romania entering the war. The Special Rules page says that the Italy or Romania may only be played as an event if the CP is at TW and AL are not. Does this mean that if the AL is at TW and the CP is at LW neither the Italy nor the Romania card can be played as an event?

What happens if the CP and AL are both at TW and either the Italy or Romania card is drawn during a subsequent turn?

Thanks for your help with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Panzer2C wrote:
The Special Rules page says that the Italy or Romania may only be played as an event if the CP is at TW and AL are not. Does this mean that if the AL is at TW and the CP is at LW neither the Italy nor the Romania card can be played as an event?

No. You can always play Italy (and Romania) for the event, as long as you respect the only-one-neutral-entry-per-turn rule (9.5.2.2).

If the CP is at Total War, and AP is not at Total War, then the Italy and Romania cards must either be played as events, held or discarded as per 9.5.2.5. The AP cannot play them for OPS, SR or RPs.

If the AP makes it to Total War without playing the events, he is not under any obligation to play the events, ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Neff
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, reaching Total War without playing Italy is enormously costly in VP's, so unless playing Italy for the points will literally allow to you win the game I would not recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Can Romania be played for Ops after The Fall of the Tsar? I guess that's all it's good for at that point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure -- provided both sides are at Total War. Otherwise you are fixed by 9.5.2.5 and can only discard it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
TTM07 wrote:
Can Romania be played for Ops after The Fall of the Tsar? I guess that's all it's good for at that point?

SR and RP as well, I guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls