United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first time playing a dungeon crawler and I'm of course finding it awesome. I had several questions, all but one I was able to find the answers to here. So here is the scenario for my lingering question:

In solo player mode, I have been revealing tiles via exploring, have had a few events trigger new tiles, and had several sentries that have also revealed tiles. As a result I literally have in my villain group ALL the monster types. Say during the villain phase, one of my sentries again activates a new tile to be created and subsequently another monster to be placed. According to the rules, if I draw a monster that I already have I am supposed to discard and draw another one. But I have ALL the types out right now. Do I just stop placing monsters until one of the ones I have out is killed?

Taking the rules literally I would say yes but I wanted to check with more seasoned players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... taking the rules verbatim you should endlessly cycle through the monster deck... and in your situation I really suggest a stalemate.

However, I think that you could reasonably decide to not spawn any monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I would do it. But I wouldn't replace that monster as soon as one is dead. If I have every type, and explore a new tile, than I get a reprieve and don't add anything new. Only the tiles explored after killing a monster would get it placed back out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, that's exactly what I fell back on doing. Thank you both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls