Subject: Question about wonder stages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Man
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Hi,

Does the base board count as 'stage 1' for the purposes of certain cards (I'm thinking the pyramid cut into 3 sections with the 3 gold and 1VP symbol).

In the rule book it is defined as:

'the card gives 3 coins per Wonder stage constructed in its
home city at the time it comes into play (3, 6, 9 or 12 coins).
At the end of the game, the card is worth 1 victory point
per Wonder stage built in its home city (1, 2, 3 or 4 points).'

I think we have been playing it incorrectly and counting the base board as stage 1 (so a wonder with three stages built would get 12 gold). Now that we have played a few times this seems to make these cards overpowered so I am 'guessing' that we were just confused by the fact the rulebook says 3,6,9,12 (which we were forgetting about the 4-stage wonder). I feel dumb asking this but just wanted to confirm....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Each card you build into a wonder represents one of that wonder’s stages. Most wonders are 3-stage; one (a couple?) is 4-stage; one is 2-stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base board itself does NOT count as Stage 1. With the card in your example, with three cards used to build stages of the wonder, you would only get 9 coins. You are correct about the reason why it mentions 3, 6, 9, and 12: Giza (B) has 4 stages that can be built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Man
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Ah thank you for clearing that up! This definitely makes it more balanced....everyone was fighting for the builders guild that gives VPs for each stage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun R
Canada
flag msg tools
Does anyone know how this applies to the great Wall wonder? Do they get gold and/or points from yellow cards based off each wall segment built, so max 12 gold and 4 points? Also what about mennekin pis, the single stage 3 side.. Is that scored as one stage built or a full 3 stages?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Bertelsen
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Each part of the Great Wall wonder counts as a wonder stage, so it maxes out at 12 gold / 4 points. The single-stage Mannekin Pis wonder has one stage, so it scores as one stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls