Subject: What does this discovery token do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I got a token last night with a picture of a white basket looking thing, then a down arrow pointing towards what looks like a mortar and pestle, or a bowl with a spoon. This looks like the same item I need to avoid being wounded by the wild dog. Yet I can't find an invention card that looks like the second item.

1) What does this token mean?

2) What are the two objects depicted?

3) How is it used?

I love this game, but the rules are strangely arranged and at times worded in a confusing way.

Secondly, I have a token that indicates +palisades. Do I use this when I take the build palisades action to get a free level of palisades?

Thanks in advance for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
The discovery tokens abilities are at the back of the rule book

The first token tells you that when you have the pot you immediately also get the cure

The second token gives you a free palisade level as long as you have either a built shelter or island shelter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Somehow I completely missed that page.

I blame 2am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:
I got a token last night with a picture of a white basket looking thing, then a down arrow pointing towards what looks like a mortar and pestle, or a bowl with a spoon. This looks like the same item I need to avoid being wounded by the wild dog. Yet I can't find an invention card that looks like the second item.

1) What does this token mean?

2) What are the two objects depicted?

3) How is it used?

I love this game, but the rules are strangely arranged and at times worded in a confusing way.

1) It represents medical herbs. It means that, if you have built the Pot invention you can discover the Cure for free (both of them should be basic items) at any time. "For free" means without using an action, without expending resources and without honoring requisites.

2) The uppermost is a Pot (a clay pot), the one under the arrow is a mortar (indicating a cure).

3) If you already have built the Pot, you discard the token (once that it has entered the "current resources" area) then, you turn the Cure invention card to its built/discovered side.

mournful wrote:

Secondly, I have a token that indicates +palisades. Do I use this when I take the build palisades action to get a free level of palisades?

Thanks in advance for your help.

These are thorny bushes. As soon as you have them available you can discard them for free (no actions/resources) to increase the Palisade level by 1.

Edit: ninjaed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In scenario 1 ...when a discover some token scenario related only the player that discovered it receive the bonus or all players get it ? Like herbs that allows one cure...
Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I don't explain properly. In the first scenario there are some discovery tokens printed on it. Like the one the gives 3 determination tokens...
This token gives one player 3 determination token or does every player gets 3 determination token ?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb