Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Geusebroek
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an FYI that PS has a 20% off with free shipping sale this week. AFAIK that's the best sale for custom cards.

"20% off on all orders with FREE shipping!
Use code TRY during checkout
Ends Feb 13, 2014"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nithos nithos

Iowa
msg tools
Perfect timing. I mocked up a love letter retheme the other day. Printed them on Tarot cards, since my kids like the larger sizes.

How durable are the plastic cards? My 5 year old has a habit of cupping cards while she holds them and it can sometimes lead to them bending slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Geusebroek
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nithos wrote:
Perfect timing. I mocked up a love letter retheme the other day. Printed them on Tarot cards, since my kids like the larger sizes.

How durable are the plastic cards? My 5 year old has a habit of cupping cards while she holds them and it can sometimes lead to them bending slightly.

No idea, but I would imagine that would be the best reason to spend more than double on plastic cards. If you do get them, maybe post some images of what they look like / feel like / etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for saving me almost half my order cost! GG meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dye
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nithos wrote:

I printed my own Love Letter retheme about a month ago, and ordered a set of the plastic and the smooth finish. I like the plastic a lot. The one complaint might be that it seemed really slick with the full deck of 54 cards - it was hard to keep the full stacked deck together when placed on the table. However, for Love Letter, this is not an issue, and the plastics work really well, especially for young ones who like to mangle cards.

The smooth finish cards, however, started to curl pretty bad within a day or two. Not impressed with them at all.

After finding out about this deal, I am hoping to finish a retheme of Battle Line before the sale goes away…but since it has more cards, I can't decide whether to try the linen finish and hope they don't curl, or go again with plastic and hope they aren't too slick...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
porkozone wrote:

I can't decide whether to try the linen finish and hope they don't curl, or go again with plastic and hope they aren't too slick...

My first plastic-card game was The Agents, and I find the cards in that... pretty terrible to actually play with, they're so slippery. Do you happen to have come across a copy of that so that you could compare the PS plastic cards to those?

I have a few of their linen-finish cards and they have no curling issues whatsoever, but then that kind of thing is very humidity-dependent. I don't have a lot of problems with curling boards either, here, and people have complained about it with games that I also own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dye
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
porkozone wrote:

I can't decide whether to try the linen finish and hope they don't curl, or go again with plastic and hope they aren't too slick...

My first plastic-card game was The Agents, and I find the cards in that... pretty terrible to actually play with, they're so slippery. Do you happen to have come across a copy of that so that you could compare the PS plastic cards to those?

I have a few of their linen-finish cards and they have no curling issues whatsoever, but then that kind of thing is very humidity-dependent. I don't have a lot of problems with curling boards either, here, and people have complained about it with games that I also own.

I don't have a copy of The Agents, so no help there.

I think I will try the linen cards, to see how they fair. I don't like the linen texture in general, but with the set I'm doing, it should work out ok. Problem now is I don't think I'll be able to finish them by tonight, in order to get an order in tomorrow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dye
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
porkozone wrote:
The smooth finish cards, however, started to curl pretty bad within a day or two. Not impressed with them at all.

I should clarify - I am quite impressed with the cards themselves - how they feel, how they shuffle, and how the printing and cutting turned out. But the curling makes them pretty much unusable. They are curling from corner to corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.