• [+] Dice rolls
Huzonfirst
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, very well deserved. And congrats as well to the game's amazingly good review in Spielbox. 13 folks rated it and it averaged better than 9 out of 10! That just doesn't happen in Spielbox--an average rating as high as 8 is very unusual. Probably the best group of ratings I've seen since I subscribed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Top 100 undervalues the game though. The average rating of 8.10 places RR at #16 in the rankings of all games which have at least as many votes as it has. So the game may be destined for top 20 status, once it has the necessary vote numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:
Top 100 undervalues the game though. The average rating of 8.10 places RR at #16 in the rankings of all games which have at least as many votes as it has. So the game may be destined for top 20 status, once it has the necessary vote numbers.
Early adopters are the people most likely to love a game. The people who haven't sought a game out, who haven't bought it, are likely to rate it lower. So as more users are exposed to the game, the ratings start to shift away from early adopters to a more mainstream crowd, and the rating usually dips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one think this game is wicked overrated. It's just another worker placement game without anything really original about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tim_p wrote:
I for one think this game is wicked overrated. It's just another worker placement game without anything really original about it.
But it does what it does well. A game doesn't have to be original to be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls