Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I just got the game and think it's pretty good. The boards however, after being out of the box for only a few days,are warping like crazy, so much so that if the curling continues, the boards will be unusable. Kind of dissapointing after the publisher's claim at how high the component quality is supposed to be. At least the game is good. Since this is the first game in my collection that this has happened with, if anyone knows any flattening techniques please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually caused by humidity. Do you live in an area with high humidity?

Put something heavy (the heavier the better) on top of them and leave it like that for about a week, and they should flatten out. In the future, store the game in the part of your house that is the least humid, if possible.

But, yeah, high quality boards shouldn't do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Usually caused by humidity. Do you live in an area with high humidity?

Put something heavy (the heavier the better) on top of them and leave it like that for about a week, and they should flatten out. In the future, store the game in the part of your house that is the least humid, if possible.

But, yeah, high quality boards shouldn't do that.

Yes we typically have high humidity here. It's 70% right now even though it's 8 degrees in the middle of what we locally like to call Snowpocalypse 2014. In non-winter months it's definitely very humid. So hopefully the warping is just an environmental thing unique to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dyskami Publishing
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
skslotten wrote:
Yes we typically have high humidity here. It's 70% right now even though it's 8 degrees in the middle of what we locally like to call Snowpocalypse 2014. In non-winter months it's definitely very humid. So hopefully the warping is just an environmental thing unique to me.

We're sorry to hear about the board warping issues, Stephen. Certainly humidity plays a big part (70% is very high) and DarthEd's suggestions are good, but it's still not something we are happy to hear about. Our office boards have no warping (we also have very low humidity).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine I live in minnesota, saw their first play today and had some major warpage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Wyman
United States
Glen spey
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My boards are warping too!! I only play the game two times. The game does feel cheap!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Wyman
United States
Glen spey
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should add that I do like the game and my girlfriend love this game but the game still feel very cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls