Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm doing this thing where I'm rotating my microbadges based on what I'm into at the moment. Since I plan on playing a ton of Hearthstone during the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics, I'd like to get the microbadge.

There's just one problem:

mb - The Happy Hearthstone fan
mb - Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft fan

What is the difference here? Yes, I understand the slight graphical difference in the microbadge logo, but what is "The Happy Hearthstone?" I don't play world of Warcraft, and haven't played Warcraft III in 10 years.

Also, the "The Happy Hearthstone" one is listed on the Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft VGG game page, but the other one looks to be specifically for the new online card game.

Could someone help me out here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzydice82 wrote:
So I'm doing this thing where I'm rotating my microbadges based on what I'm into at the moment. Since I plan on playing a ton of Hearthstone during the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics, I'd like to get the microbadge.

There's just one problem:

mb - The Happy Hearthstone fan
mb - Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft fan

What is the difference here? Yes, I understand the slight graphical difference in the microbadge logo, but what is "The Happy Hearthstone?" I don't play world of Warcraft, and haven't played Warcraft III in 10 years.

Also, the "The Happy Hearthstone" one is listed on the Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft VGG game page, but the other one looks to be specifically for the new online card game.

Could someone help me out here?

I believe Happy Hearthstone is a podcast, so you want the second one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

Interesting. Is the podcast about the new card game, or is Hearthstone a thing from the Warcraft universe that I'm not aware of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzydice82 wrote:
lfisher wrote:

Interesting. Is the podcast about the new card game, or is Hearthstone a thing from the Warcraft universe that I'm not aware of?

It does appear to be about the game.

Hearthstone is WoW is used to teleport back to Inn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I'll try to shed some light on the confusion around these two microbadges: mb and mb
I have designed this Hearthstone badge: mb
It was initially my thought, that this microbadge should apply to Blizzard's new video game: "Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft", which also widely was perceived that way, if you count the sold badges.
Unfortunately, I chose a text for the Mouseover,which apparently could be misunderstood:

I did not believe that would happen, but at this point I really shot myself in the foot with a Gatling Gun!!
I'm the first to regret this confusion - it really was not intentional.

This is "Hearthstone-blood" to me.....

If anyone would like more information, you can read a few pages forward in this thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14636711#14636711
and further on:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14640044#14640044

Again... sorry for this!
Ole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls