Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I must have chronic retheme syndrome. I've done Pandemic (Dr Who), Lost Cities and Battleline (D&D), Love Letter (Game of Thrones), Coup (Greek Gods), Coin Age (Wizard of Oz), and now this little beauty appears.

After backing this on Kickstarter I started thinking what retheme might fit. Nice as the theme and art are with this game I'm always looking for a retheme to add variety or make a game tie in with one of my interests.

Once I get the game I plan to start work on a Marvel heroes vs villains retheme. One, two or three folks in small skirmishes? Block, melee and ranged attributes, some heroes and villains good at toe to toe combat, some excelling in support, and each with a special superpower? It seems like a perfect fit.

Make mine Marvel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Coon
Germany
Riedlingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So how exactly do you go about re-theming a game exactly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In brief a little inspiration, a lot of legwork, access to Photoshop and use of the ArtsCow website.

It's easiest if the game has a light theme to start with (Pandemic), or has simple components that are easy to rework (Love Letter).

Check out this Geeklist:

Your Best, Favourite or Most Creative Rethemes (Which are your Favourite?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
carlwhite wrote:
I think I must have chronic retheme syndrome. I've done Pandemic (Dr Who), Lost Cities and Battleline (D&D), Love Letter (Game of Thrones), Coup (Greek Gods), Coin Age (Wizard of Oz), and now this little beauty appears.

After backing this on Kickstarter I started thinking what retheme might fit. Nice as the theme and art are with this game I'm always looking for a retheme to add variety or make a game tie in with one of my interests.

Once I get the game I plan to start work on a Marvel heroes vs villains retheme. One, two or three folks in small skirmishes? Block, melee and ranged attributes, some heroes and villains good at toe to toe combat, some excelling in support, and each with a special superpower? It seems like a perfect fit.

Make mine Marvel!

There's a ton of potential in this. If they can get the licensing agreements in place, re-theming could be lucrative for the game creators.

I also love your DIY attitude to re-theming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls