Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Sweeney
United States
ABQ
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have many L5R disks was thinking hoping that they could be used somehow withthis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larac wrote:
Have many L5R disks was thinking hoping that they could be used somehow withthis.

I don't see why not for a casual game. You'd probably need to do some conversion though to balance them. They certainly won't be tournament legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larac wrote:

I've been wondering the same thing, I have quite the stash (most of which is unopened) of the L5R disks as well.

I'm perhaps less concerned with the compatibility between the L5R disks and the Warhammer disks, but more interested in how adjusting to the new ranged attack system would effect game balance in the L5R games and what adjustments would need to be made there.

I've also been meaning to do a side by side comparison of the rules and see what exactly has changed and how that will effect the old balance.

I'll share if I come up with anything and stay tuned in to the thread in case somebody else gets to it first (which is most likely). =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems almost more fun to use the new rules with the old disks. The new small disks are bigger and the large disks are smaller than the original game. Medium disks are exactly the same size.

I think that straight up the disks will be unbalanced since they don't appear to use the same point scale but I bet it could be really fun if in the right mood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls