Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I've been out of the hobby for 8 months and am not sure which is the best web based squad builder these days. It seems the one I used the most isn't being updated anymore. Also, it would be great to use via my phone. Any that work on an Android phone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aguirre
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opinions will vary, but voidstate's is my favorite. Is that the one you have been using?

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but it can be a bit hard to use on my phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed too that Voidstate runs a little funky on Chrome on my Android phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Voidstate's in my Firefox browser, and "(Yet Another) X-wing Miniatures Squad Builder" on my iPhone.

(I assume your old one was Jason Fuller's. I miss it, too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I did like Jason Fuller's website.

I'll mess around with Yet Another and see how it works. Thanks!

I guess I should log in with (ick) Facebook and save some lists for the first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's not as feature-rich as Voidstate, I prefer this one for its clean interface & mobile support:

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sibicky

Washington
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
armoredgear7 wrote:
While it's not as feature-rich as Voidstate, I prefer this one for its clean interface & mobile support:

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/

This is my vote too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Mr Frog, I am new to the game, but due to an old board-game ebay selling purge, I have been able to buy an x-wing instant collection.

This program is perfect for getting my head around squad building.
Thanks again
Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, Mr Frog, Cheers.

I am happy at the mo, to just see what everything does, I am not so concererned for the perfect build for competitions or anything.
I am a collector and fun haver!

When you get to a competetive level of any hobby, you start meeting that 5% of a group who: know it all/ got the tee shirt/probability nerd/over serious/ suck the fun out of life, types

I find, if through some boring maths equation, that 'this is the optimum things to have and do to destroy your opponent 91.7345% of the time' is calculated.
Then you invite your mates round to try it on.
Then they dont tend to want to play that one any more!

Its just a game, Im here for the laughs and beers with buddies kind of arragement! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of these power gamers nearly put me off buying x-wing all together. I went to my flgs, well, 45 miles away local. But its my closest.

I picked up x and tie expansions, but 1st had to ask chap to move over so i could get to them. He was talking x-wing with the shop owner, and had a falcon in his hand to buy. I pointed out i was a newbie, expecting to be included in the conversation, and the faclon fella to share his obvious knowledge of the game. Drawing new people into the game in your area can only be a good thing, right? Not to this guy, all he had to offer, looking down his nose at me was, "yeah, buy a shuttle they are good for new players as you can drive around the board and soak up lots of hits". Then turned his back on me and continued to talk high and mighty to shop dood on the merits of having 10 falcons, or some such guru wisdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls