Subject: Cash as Wild rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is it just me or does it seem like using cash as a wild rather than picking 3 from the lineup is not nearly as useful?

when you use it for the lineup you get at least 3 power worth of cards, using it as a wild you get only 1. i understand it takes an action to draw from the lineup but still maybe it should be worth 2 value as a wild at least. just my thoughts. of course even if its not official i may play that way anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Marc: The cash used as wild tends to happen closer to the end of a round to squeeze in one last property capture before the round ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Devine
United States
Reno
NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Using Cash as a wild is definitely rare but comes in handy when you desperately need 1 more card and you don't want to risk drawing out the Law by taking too many cards. That option is in place as a sort of last resort, and it comes up quite a bit.

Currently it is valued as a single wild to limit how powerful the Cash is, making it worth 2 might push it too far. By all means make this a house rule and test it out, I might give it a try as well. Let me know how it goes for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! And it's also a lot more useful as a wild in the co-op mode since you are really against the clock in that version of the game. It's our first overfund goal for Mob Town, and we should hit it next week.

Best,
Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i will let you know how it plays. i just feel it would be more of a decision if it were valued at 2. like right now you always want to use it in the lineup, but you use it as wild if your forced too.

and it is actually very valuable in the lineup, not only do you get a minimum value of 3 from it, if another cash card appears in the lineup its almost a no brainer play.

yeah i cant wait to hit lots of the stretch goals!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls