Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hect
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Race Track location, the text mentions something about being surrounded by a 4 x 4 grid of locations (sorry, I don't have the card here for the exact text). That just seemed a bit odd to me? It doesn't need to be surrounded on all 4 sides, but actually have a box of locations around it?

So would the following qualify?

####
#X_#
#__#
####

X = Race Track, # = random locations,_ = Blank and/or random locations

Thanks!
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
WHERE IS JA?!
badge
Help me Ja Rule
mbmbmbmbmb
The exact text is "within a 4x4 grid of location cards" so yes that would qualify as long as you don't have gaps

Using your symbols:

####
#XX#
#XX#
####

If it was in any of the X's locations it would qualify. But the other 3 X's would have to be other cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RiderPestilence wrote:
The exact text is "within a 4x4 grid of location cards" so yes that would qualify as long as you don't have gaps

Using your symbols:

####
#XX#
#XX#
####

If it was in any of the X's locations it would qualify. But the other 3 X's would have to be other cards
Actually, even if it is one of the # in the example above it counts. Also, it doesn't matter what the other X's are. You could have 2 Race Tracks next to each other (in the example shown) and they would both get the bonus.

However, the grid must be full. If there are any empty spaces (like in the example in the first post) no bonus is given.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter the Great
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:

Actually, even if it is one of the # in the example above it counts.

You might want to change the wording on that card then. 'Within' implies inside of the 4x4. Maybe 'part of' would be more appropriate.

We just finished a game with three race tracks on the outside edge of a 4x4. Some people had strong feelings about your interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls