Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

Cool looking game that looks very fun to play. I noticed if you upgrade to the deluxe deck, your actually losing a lot of the original graphic. My guess is because you are using a zoomed in version to make the image take up the size of the card.

Because the artwork is so great on these cards, could you instead reshape the card to have a larger version of the original full version great art.

I feel by upgrading as it currently is, I would be getting less? If I'm viewing it wrong, please let me know. Awesome game, want to back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Elliott! Casey here. One of the project creators for Kingdom. It is true that some of the image had to cropped in order to provide the full art card effect we were going for. We could not stretch or skew the images to keep all the art as then it would make the characters disproportionate due to the art aspect ratios we asked our artist to draw them in. Another idea we had was to have William, our artist, provide another piece of art using a different aspect ratio for each angel but that would have increased our project costs in order to provide 2 pieces of art for each card. The third possibility was to print them in a landscape style versus the portrait style. However, this layout would not provide sufficient space on the board if there are multiple angels in play. We ran multiple layouts to determine the best layout possible and although the layout is not perfect, it was the overall best solution when determining costs, functionality with the rest of the components, and design. Hope this helps to clarify but if not feel free to let me know any other questions you might have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The collector level also includes the base cards, if I'm not mistaken. So you would be getting both sets of artwork if you upgraded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
SQUIDwarrior wrote:
The collector level also includes the base cards, if I'm not mistaken. So you would be getting both sets of artwork if you upgraded.

Correct Mike, the collector set comes with both the collector cards as well as the base set cards. Good call out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls