Subject: Backstab sequence clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam walck
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee (TN)
flag msg tools
Backstab is played during phase 7, but requires "activation" of one of your disciples (the card does not mention "activation" but you must return your disciple to your clan house, so it feels like you are activating him). So the clarification I want is can backstab be played at any time during phase 7, even at the start of phase 7, or does the player need to wait for his turn in order to play it, and thus use his turn "activating" his disciple. The sequence of when this card can be played could have a huge effect on a turn, my interpretation was that it can be used at anytime during phase 7, with the exception of in response to the completion of a mission as was previously discussed on this forum.
Due to the potential strength of this card I see equal weight in it requiring the use of a turn just like any other activation, but as I read the rules this does not seem to be the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack McNeely
msg tools
mb
I read it as you can play it at any time, no need to wait until you can activate your disciple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this for the first time last night, and our interpretation was the same as Jack's. I basically used Backstab as an interrupt to another player whose disciple was in the same area as mine, but he acted before I did.

Additionally, the player who got backstabbed got to activate a different disciple, so we didn't treat it as forcing him to completely lose a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls