5 Posts

Terrible Swift Sword: Battle of Gettysburg Game» Forums » General

Subject: Original Spi box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cillo cillo
Italy
flag msg tools
hi i search the original box of spi edition ( not plastic flat pack) for my tss game in arrive to the usa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Popper
United States
Topanga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original SPI packaging in 1976 was the plastic flat pack. Only after TSR bought out SPI did they bring out a cardboard box version under their own name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes; I bought the very first edition and it came in a double plastic flat pack.

(And I still have the game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cillo cillo
Italy
flag msg tools
Any one have the Soap Box empity to sell? i have all game in this version and for the collection i will find it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swpopper wrote:
The original SPI packaging in 1976 was the plastic flat pack. Only after TSR bought out SPI did they bring out a cardboard box version under their own name.

Steven

Not quite correct.
SPI brought out two versions,a double flatpack,and a Soap Box edition(#1310), I have them both

TSR brought out the 2nd edition only in a boxed version.
I have that too

Also;
SPI named their version:Terrible Swift Sword;The Three Days of Gettysburg.
TSR named their version;Terrible Swift Sword;Battle of Gettysburg Game.

BTW I also have all three versions of GMT's Three Days of Gettysburg (first/second edition update/and the third edition),and The Gamers:This Hallowed Ground, and Last Chance for Victory....

cheerio
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls