Karl Walsh
United Kingdom
Ware
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and welcome to an old favourite but a new venue - the Stevenage Board Gaming Club (SBGC) presents the Ware Pub events - being re-organised and starting on the 16th of this month and then (numbers willing) repeating once a month.

So the new venue is the Punch House (please don't read too much into a pub name) which is located in the centre of Ware and really lends itself to some decent gaming - I've reserved what has to be one of the biggest tables I've ever seen.

There is ample parking to the rear of the pub - so for those of you coming from St. Evenage, parking should not be an issue (Tesco's car park is literally over the road if pub parking was not immediately available)

The pub does offer a fine selection of hot and cold food (apparently it's well know locally for its high quality offerings), which can be ordered until 21:00. Since this meetup is being organised at the pub - it should go without saying that a large range of drinks (inc. tea and coffee) are available - last orders at the bar is at 22:00 and we're asked to vacate the premises by 22:30 (so we'll have well over 5 hours of quality gaming time).

Since this is the first in this venue (for the SBGC) I'll not suggest a theme and ask that people bring a favourite game - hopefully it will get played!

I have personally played a variety of games at this location and have found it a very pleasant atmosphere with only perhaps a little passing interest from the pubs other occupants. Point of fact, games that I've played here so far range from the likes of Skull & Roses, Hive, Love letter & Qwirkle to those more complex titles like Keyflower, Libertalia and Supernova.

If you've not got much planned for Sunday 16th Februrary and you fancy a game in some pretty nice surroundings - you couldn't go far wrong by joining us at the Punch House in Ware.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Karl

Pricing for this event will be £2 per head for SBGC members - first timers to a SBGC event go free!
To book your place let me know in advance or register your interest on our meetup page http://www.meetup.com/Stevenage-Boardgame-Club/events/164628...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Event in Ware, Hertfordshire at the Punchouse - Sunday February 16th
Ooh - really like the Punch House.

Not sure I can make it, but are children welcome? It's starts at 5pm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Walsh
United Kingdom
Ware
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My view was 18*

If I'm being honest, I'm being given the opportunity by my wife to not have to worry about my children's evening meal and bed time rituals - to have a Sunday once a month to organise a game with friends (new and old) - I guess my vision was not to have anothers children present ;-)

Yes the event starts at 5pm and yes it's at a pub but that means more people can come along and more importantly we get to play a game with a drink (I really like a game and a cold brew) - I guess I wasn't expecting children to come along.

Karl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a problem - your event, your rules.

Good luck with it, it's a great venue, and sounds like it'll be a good experience for those who can make it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.