Bill Paterno
United States
Coatesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If a discarded event card tells you to discard determination tokens for each player, that does not include Friday, right?

2. At one point I had a reroll token on my character sheet due to a bad adventure card (and could not be removed until that adventure card was pulled from the event deck) and I had a temporary re-roll token on an adventure deck. So if I scored a victory on that adventure deck would I have to reroll twice? Once for the reroll token on the deck and then another time for the reroll token on my character sheet?

3. At one point I drew an "enlarging the camp" adventure card from the event deck. The effect has me place +1 wood tokens on the shelter, roof, and palisade making each one cost one additional wood. If I decide to use furs, then the cost stays the same...meaning I don't have to add one wood to the cost if I use fur, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Yes you're right.
2. Good question. Never encountered that situation. I'd say you roll twice and of course discard the token from the deck if your first re-roll is successful.
3. Yes correct, only if you use wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acken wrote:

2. Good question. Never encountered that situation. I'd say you roll twice and of course discard the token from the deck if your first re-roll is successful.

This is correct.
However: The question, which token you resolve first, is not answered sufficiently.
Why this matters? If you resolve the token on the deck first, it is discarded if you roll a success. Then you have to reroll due to the token on your character.
However, the other way round: If you roll a success and resolve the token on the character first, you are not allowed to discard the token.
So far, as far as I know, there is no answer to this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, in all but this situation that is true.
In this situation, however, you never discard the token on the character sheet until the Event card returns. So, in this situation, order of resolution does not matter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
In this situation, however, you never discard the token on the character sheet until the Event card returns. So, in this situation, order of resolution does not matter...

okay, yeah! that makes sense.^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:

For reference, there is another card to which this does not apply, because it does not involve keeping the "re-roll" token: the "Confused" (Trap) Mystery card, which requires that "Next round, you have to reroll on Success result".

My understanding is that the re-roll requirement of such cards (another one is the Mystery card Ceremonial bowl) has to be applied first, and in particular before a "re-roll on success" token placed on an Action space: in fact, if you instead first discard the Action space token, then you might never get another success and you would not suffer the effect of the Mystery cards fast enough (that would only happen on the next round or even later); this does not seem to be the intended effect of the associated "confusion" and "curse".

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense to me - thematically...
Hey, that even rhymes, so it MUST be true...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls