Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Skinner
United States
Concord
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent game, I had a card that said that my leader could take no more than 3 damage, and my leader's ability was to reduce any damage taken by 1.

We had decided during the game to use a general rule that the owner of the cards decides the order in which they are resolved, but I wanted to follow up here to see if there are any general guidelines we should be following for order of operations when resolving an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have done the same. Hopefully Brad can clarify but here is something about order of effects.

In the downloadable rulebook (it may be outdated since there's no rules about ongoing orders):

"If two heroes/leaders have effects that would activate at the same time, which one takes precedence? If both of the cards are controlled by the same player, that player may choose what order to activate them in. If the cards are owned by two different players, the First Player activates all his effects in whatever order he wishes, then the Second Player activates all his effects in whatever order he wishes."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's the basic priority list:

- Leader powers trump all hero powers, period.
- If two leaders conflict, the active player's leader has precedence.
- If multiple hero powers are controlled by the same player, he chooses their order/precedence.
- If all of the hero powers are controlled by different players, the active player's happen first, followed by the other players' powers in turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls