Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the following situation unfolding ...

The enemy HMG has fallen back to the village (1). Naturally, right after I'd managed to bring a hell storm of fire to bear on him. My questions are:

A. Does he then open fire automatically on the US units in LOS (2)? Or not, because he's a tripod mounted HMG and he'd open fire next turn?

B. Do the US units in the mined Gully/Draw follow his move (3) and shift their PDF to his new card, again, because he's remained in LOS?

C. Is he marked Exposed for that move?

D. Does he automatically get the Mission cover (trenches) when he moves onto a new terrain card?

E. Finally, if the German HMG had fallen back to a card out of LOS of all US units, would I simply have removed him?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David

I do not have the rules handy but:

A. No he does not open fire as he moved and has the arrow symbol. He opens fire again next turn.

B. No, they do not shift fire. They will need a new order to do that. The only situation in which they could have followed the move is if the Germans had stayed on the same PDF in LOS, that is, retreated to the top right card and a LOS had been traceable through the card they retreated from (which is not the case here anyway).

C. Yes, he is marked Exposed.

D. No, the Mission terrain os for package placement. Had there been something there already he could have moved into it but if there is nothing there, then nothing new gets placed.

E. No, I do not think so. He would have just sat there. Although there might be a rule where when an enemy unit is out a LOS of all friendly units it becomes a potential contact again. Sorry, not completely sure on that one.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artymorty wrote:

E. No, I do not think so. He would have just sat there. Although there might be a rule where when an enemy unit is out a LOS of all friendly units it becomes a potential contact again. Sorry, not completely sure on that one.

I think there is something in the enemy action tables about units who have lost LOS to the US? I do also remember that they are replaced by potential contacts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
Artymorty wrote:

I think there is something in the enemy action tables about units who have lost LOS to the US? I do also remember that they are replaced by potential contacts.
Thanks guys, that's right. "Not under fire and no LOS to a US unit".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls