Last Night on Earth: Blood in the Forest» Forums » General

Subject: Lack of reviews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know a bunch of people are getting this item in now but I see a distinct lack of reviews. I guess the popularity of this game has slipped a bit over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
The Plains
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree. I used to have this game high on my "watch list" (I was planning on buying TP and this expansion together), but then Flying Frog botched the original release date for this and now there is a very odd and discerning lack of reviews. Suffice it to say, I've bought a handful of other games instead, and LNoE has actually dropped off my watch list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Em
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After being a little disappointed by what I got for my money in the Survival of the Fittest/Grave Weapons/Hero Pack 1 division, I stepped away from the whole game for a bit.

Just recently had the itch to play again and ordered Timber Peak and Blood in the Forest and they arrived earlier this week. I felt a lot more impressed by what the boxes contained and am looking forward to playing soon. Some really nice components - also updated hero and zombie decks which seem much tighter then the somewhat bloated pile of cards collected from all previous content. I'm not sure 2 new characters were enough for Blood in the Forest, but having everything together, there is now quite a pool to choose from.

The new board pieces look fantastic and I really like the wrap-around forest in BitF.

I will try to write my first review in ages when I am done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BitF adds some great new flavor. I own all the expansions and supplements, and this was a joy to play. On my way to go play it tonight, in fact! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cumber wrote:
I'm not sure 2 new characters were enough for Blood in the Forest, but having everything together, there is now quite a pool to choose from.

I agree that the expansion should have had at least a couple more characters and also another scenario or two would have been good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do the new decks replace the old ones or supplement them? I too suffer from bloated deck syndrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lear Wolfe

Kentucky
msg tools
mb
Yes?
You could use them either way. i personally like them as replacement, but they would make a nice if substantial supplement. LNoE and TP can both function as base decks that can have various supplements and expansions added to them. BitF in another expansion, though it does kind of assume you at least have TP since it is expanding what they did there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
BitF adds some great new flavor. I own all the expansions and supplements, and this was a joy to play. On my way to go play it tonight, in fact! cool

By adding Zombie Champions, BitF has won my son back from Zombicide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with the above... Zcide has a lot of flash... but it is really the same game over and over gain (still love it though)... LNOE is much more story and event driven... this expansion is great as it adds more experiece upgrads, new zombies, new heroes and the wrap around board.. .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls