Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I apologize if this question is addressed elsewhere in the forums (I looked through them, but I didn't read them all).

Do we have any confirmation whether this system will allow decks from one franchise to face off against decks from another (like a Marvel deck vs a Yugioh deck)? And furthermore, will cross-franchise deck-building be allowed (so you could have a deck/dice pool that contains both Marvel and Yugioh cards/dice)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no reason you couldn't play cross-franchise.

As for allowed, that would depend primarily on the tournament organizer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think any firm rules have hit the net yet for Marvel or any of the later to come versions. Fans will want cross play, but the games themselves may not line up that way.
If the tournaments are trying to push new product, then cross-play may hurt the product movement. Some shops will limit it to the newest deco and liscence even if the sets are compatible to move the new from the shelf. Some won't.
It'll be interesting to see. Hopefully, Marvel will hit the shelves in just over a month and we'll begin to find out.

(How Quarriors compatible will this be?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be right about product movement, but I know I will be far more likely to buy packs for licenses I'm less interested in (e.g., Yugioh) if I know I can combine them with cards/dice from licenses I am interested in (e.g., Marvel).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bogle
United States
Belmont
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you SHOULD be able to mix and match. both announced sets will play the same with a few differences due to license.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you can do this. It's not even that hard to justify thematically, since the Marvel universe has all kinds of weird stuff in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls