Subject: High res scans of cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
I make a lot of supplemental materials for games I get into. I'm interested to know if anyone has some clean, high-res scans of the character cards (the xxl if possible, if they're the same layout of the smaller ones).

The reason will ultimately be to be able to turn a quick english version of the eventual errataed cards (due in september, presumably in french to start). However, it could also be really fun to create fan-made stat cards for homebrew purposes.

I've made resources for Monsterpocalypse, Dominion, Magic, and other games, and I'm interested in moving into KA.

(I don't need high-res scans of every card, just 5-10 of the ones with the least text, so I can make a clean blank. Scans are better than photos, with the same settings for every scan)

Cheers!
K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
badge
LordHellfury wrote:
jugglervr wrote:
I make a lot of supplemental materials for games I get into. I'm interested to know if anyone has some clean, high-res scans of the character cards (the xxl if possible, if they're the same layout of the smaller ones).

The reason will ultimately be to be able to turn a quick english version of the eventual errataed cards (due in september, presumably in french to start). However, it could also be really fun to create fan-made stat cards for homebrew purposes.

I've made resources for Monsterpocalypse, Dominion, Magic, and other games, and I'm interested in moving into KA.

(I don't need high-res scans of every card, just 5-10 of the ones with the least text, so I can make a clean blank. Scans are better than photos, with the same settings for every scan)

Cheers!
K

I think the Ankama site has high res digital options of the cards. I believe. Not positive, but downloaded them for my Kaiju Arena retheme of Krosmaster. So I didnt exactly need the best quality scans since I wasnt using the cards, just the info on them.

[edit] Looking at the ankama site, it appears that the digital card images are locked under shockwave. I have them and can email them and you can be the judge of their quality for your use[/edit]
They're about half the quality needed for DIY cards that look close enough..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
luminarious wrote:

They're about half the quality needed for DIY cards that look close enough..
half is pretty far if they're just meant to be a stopgap solution until official re-statting can happen...

How does one go about accessing these? Do you mean that they're in the online game, or should I look elsewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to sign up online for free
http://www.krosmaster.com/en/play
and in the Edit your team section there's a little check box that says "Krosmasters Owned" Uncheck it. You will see little black silhouettes of all the characters you do not own as well as the ones you do own. Now down in the lower right is a view mode button that will show the card face instead of the silhouettes. All the characters will now show their card stats. Now click on any card you see to get an even larger version. If that larger version is not big enough you can enlarge it with your standard browser zoom ctrl+middle-mouse-wheel to zoom and make them as big as you like. (just make sure your mouse cursor is off to the right or left of the flash window, otherwise it won't zoom) Because the game is using flash there is no quality loss by doing this. Then take a screen shot. Take it into the photoshop program of your choice and crop it, walla.

You can do the same for the backsides of the cards as well. Just click the button in the bottom right to show the backsides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Vonderbread wrote:
Now click on any card you see to get an even larger version. If that larger version is not big enough you can enlarge it with your standard browser zoom ctrl+middle-mouse-wheel to zoom and make them as big as you like. (just make sure your mouse cursor is off to the right or left of the flash window, otherwise it won't zoom) Because the game is using flash there is no quality loss by doing this.

Ah nice, thanks. That doesn't scale the background card well, though, and the art they use for that is pretty weird; scuffed looking with writing, etc.

BUT, this should be able to get me some really nice symbols and measurements for a recreation. Too bad there's no good way to get the text off them (being flash... unless there are high-res symbols, especially blank element symbols, somewhere else?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also someone posted this doc, lower-res, but might be useful.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/weblink/152215/english-characte...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls