Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received this game and am loving it so far. I only have the four base set factions and am looking to expand. Which expansions are the best purchases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Orangevale
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
ajpl wrote:
I just received this game and am loving it so far. I only have the four base set factions and am looking to expand. Which expansions are the best purchases?

Duel is worth it for the board- then print out the duel:chain reaction cards. Then enjoy the ONLY way, as far as I'm concerned, to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are loving it, you will want them all. I personally enjoy Smart and New York. NeoJungle and Vega$ are tough to play but rewarding as well.

Do you have an iPad? The App is simply outstanding. One of the few games that actually play better on the device than the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Orzechowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you get 3.0 just wait for conversion of older expansions for this format. ATM only Sharrash is converted and it's very good army to buy.

If you get 2.5... Oh boy, there are plenty. And ALL of them (well, except Dancer) are brilliant. New York is the easiest to learn. It has least new rules and is pretty straightforward, defensive army. Smart isn't hard either, but these are bunch of offensive insects. Steel Police and Sharrash aren't complicated either, but they had more unique feelings. So I recommend one of these armies.

Neojungle, Vegas, Dancer and Mephisto are different cups of tea. They have absolutely insane playstyles, very different from base four armies. If you want something really unique, go for one of them.

In this way I recommended you all of armies . Just read about each and choose what you find interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that these are just additional armies. There's no "expansion" for NS Hex, except maybe Duel. I'd suggest trying them out on iPad first and then choose which one you want to get. Personally, I love Neojungle and Vegas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
I think the terrain tiles are great. I'm surprised they don't get more love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how they will release the 3.0 armies? Will they sell them individually or sell them in sets such as the ones that came in babel and duel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK, they'll be individually sold.
 Thumb up
 tip