Subject: New cards speculation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll start. By squinting and zooming my browser, I think I figured out the gist of the Wingman elite pilot talent:

"At the start of the Combat phase, remove 1 stress token from a friendly ship at range (obscured by other card, mostly like range 1)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flechette Torpedoes

Attack: 3
Range: 2-3

Attack [Target Lock]

"Discard this card and spend your target lock to perform this attack.

When you perform this attack, the defender receives 1 stress token if its hull value is '4' or lower."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stygian Particle Accelerator

Modification (TIE Phantom only)

"When you either decloak or perform a cloak action, you may perform a free evade action."

Cost: 2 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
I'll start. By squinting and zooming my browser...
Ooh! I think I can read the text of Assault Missiles!

blush

Er, never mind. Your guesses are really interesting, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
Flechette Torpedoes

Attack [Target Lock]

When you perform this attack, the defender receives 1 stress token if its hull value is '4' or lower."

These torpedoes better cost only 1 point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
Flechette Torpedoes

Attack [Target Lock]

these seems a bit pointless compared to the ion missiles, unless you target is only rolling 1 defense dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ironman99 wrote:
Brian1981 wrote:
Flechette Torpedoes

Attack [Target Lock]

these seems a bit pointless compared to the ion missiles, unless you target is only rolling 1 defense dice.
Depends on their cost--and keep in mind that most ships can equip on shut not the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Based on the pic, Fletchette Torpedoes are 2 pts.

They are terrible for the alpha strike, but in the end game at the right moment, these could be clutch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
ironman99 wrote:
Brian1981 wrote:
Flechette Torpedoes

Attack [Target Lock]

Depends on their cost--and keep in mind that most ships can equip on shut not the other.

it just seems to me you are spending a target lock to do a 3 dice attack, that might give your target a stress token, which may or may not effect what your target will do next turn. The ion missiles, 3 dice attack, probably same chance of damage, but you will definitely change what your opponent is doing the next turn.

This attack is only moderately better than normal shooting, and to give up a target lock to do it, I will have to test it. That being said we might see an ability that gives stress tokens some effect during the combat phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ironman99 wrote:
Brian1981 wrote:
Flechette Torpedoes

Attack [Target Lock]

it just seems to me you are spending a target lock to do a 3 dice attack, that might give your target a stress token, which may or may not effect what your target will do next turn. The ion missiles, 3 dice attack, probably same chance of damage, but you will definitely change what your opponent is doing the next turn.

This attack is only moderately better than normal shooting, and to give up a target lock to do it, I will have to test it. That being said we might see an ability that gives stress tokens some effect during the combat phase.

The stress token isn't conditional, though--if your target is any small ship other than a Y-wing, it gets a stress token. That's actually pretty nasty, if you hold it until your target uses a K-turn or PTL or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:

They are terrible for the alpha strike, but in the end game at the right moment, these could be clutch.

The best use for these would be when you're tailing a ship and want to prevent it from K-turning on you next turn. Although, it seems like ion pulse missiles would do a better job of that, and they don't even require you to spend the target lock to fire them.

I'm thinking stress will have an even bigger role in Wave 4. Perhaps there are pilot abilities and cards (Predator, Outmaneuver) that give you benefits in the Combat phase in exchange for receiving a stress token, but only if you don't already have a stress token (a la Jan Ors). In this case, I could see Flechette Torpedoes being much more useful.

Edit: Oo, and I just noticed, it says when you perform an attack... So you don't even have to hit the target to give them the stress token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:

The best use for these would be when you're tailing a ship and want to prevent it from K-turning on you next turn. Although, it seems like ion pulse missiles would do a better job of that, and they don't even require you to spend the target lock to fire them.

I'm thinking stress will have an even bigger role in Wave 4. Perhaps there are pilot abilities and cards (Predator, Outmaneuver) that give you benefits in the Combat phase in exchange for receiving a stress token, but only if you don't already have a stress token (a la Jan Ors). In this case, I could see Flechette Torpedoes being much more useful.

Edit: Oo, and I just noticed, it says when you perform an attack... So you don't even have to hit the target to give them the stress token.

Not to mention in Epic games the rebel transport has the "Slicer" which causes damage based on stress. Stress is going to start hurting a lot more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SwampMonster wrote:

Not to mention in Epic games the rebel transport has the "Slicer" which causes damage based on stress. Stress is going to start hurting a lot more.

Sorry, but where did you find that piece of information? I'd just like to read about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the prevailing opinion right now about the TIE Defender's Evade token is that it will be granted by whatever the "new maneuver" is. But I, for one, think it might have something to do with that new Outmaneuver card.

MOELANDER wrote:
SwampMonster wrote:

Sorry, but where did you find that piece of information? I'd just like to read about that.

In the Transport description on the FFG page.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4628

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:

MOELANDER wrote:

In the Transport description on the FFG page.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4628

Whooo nice! Next time I should read those articles more carefully. Stupid Colour impediment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I figured out another.

Advanced Cloaking Device

Modification (TIE Phantom only)

After you perform an attack, you may perform a free cloak action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first three words of the 3rd paragraph on the Cloak Action card read "Your agility value." Looks like cloaking will affect a ship's agility value in some way. Is that how it works in STAW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:

Or use both in a 1-2 punch! Have some stress! Have an Ion! Cloak now, suckah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
Brian1981 wrote:

They could be awesome on an Ion Turret Y-wing, you can lock, K-turn, then fire the torp and stress them before they can k-turn back, then you can follow them with the ion turret and keep them going forward while stressed - and since you can carry two flechette torps, you can even double stress them if you needed - or hit dual targets with that trick, it'd certainly force your opponent to fly differently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New prestige move:

shoot flechettes at Soontir and still win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Koehler
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I think I can make out the E-Wing generics as 'Knave' and 'Blackmoon' Squadron.

Tie Defender Generics are "Delta" and "Onyx".

Z-95 PS6 is a "Lieutenant _______" from what I can tell. Might be Lujaynne Forge if not Lieutenant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy betsch
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Lujaynne never flew a Z-95, so I doubt it's her

I'm hoping the PS6 is Lieutenant (Ace) Azzameen and the PS8 is Corran Horn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Koehler
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
eruletho wrote:

As do I, just trying to see any L word that looked but wasn't Lieutenant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eruletho wrote:

Oh Fierfek YES! Give me Ace Azzameen FFG! TAKE MY MONEY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |