Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gears of War: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Epic Fail: The Thousand Sons of RAAM rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
old spirit
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission: Emergence. I had tried to take those streets so many times. 10 times I tried and failed. 10 times I saw my men fight. 10 times I saw my men fall. They gave more than I could have asked for. There were a couple of close wins but... the waves of Locusts... there is no second place in war.

I got another chance. I put my family affairs to the side, dusted off the box and charged ahead once more into the fray, determined not to go gentle into that good night. Fickled fate, it would seem, had other plans. The battle was strong as ever, even after 5 hours! I wanted to yell, recharge the men but I could feel my energy slipping. It was about 3:00 am, the hour of the wolf, the souls midnight, that I whisper-yelled, "They just keep coming!". As my clenched fist slowly gave way I saw it. #7 !?

A quick review of the mission revealed that I had card #7 "Group-General" shuffled into the AI deck. This one card allowed emergent holes to routinely appear and had me running back and forth to get grenades because 'all' of the holes had to be sealed.

My men fell on a mountain of Locust corpses. Learn from the struggles. Don't put card #7 in the AI deck.

oldspirit
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh the face-palm moment we all dread!

Obviously the official line is that we like to face a real challenge because it makes better players of us all.

Yep, been there and got the AI deck wrong myself. Onward to victory!!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Infinite grenades vs infinite e-holes (and a-holes ).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Up-down-up-down-left-right-left-right-A-B-A-B-Start

Oh retro God mode, where are you when we need you! devil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewmdale wrote:
Up-down-up-down-left-right-left-right-A-B-A-B-Start

Oh retro God mode, where are you when we need you! devil

No no no...

It's up up down down left right left right B A B A start.

You and I my friend, are showing our age.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultimate Frog wrote:
andrewmdale wrote:
Up-down-up-down-left-right-left-right-A-B-A-B-Start

Oh retro God mode, where are you when we need you! devil

No no no...

It's up up down down left right left right B A B A start.

You and I my friend, are showing our age.

and I'm clearly showing some age-related memory loss!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewmdale wrote:
Ultimate Frog wrote:
andrewmdale wrote:
Up-down-up-down-left-right-left-right-A-B-A-B-Start

Oh retro God mode, where are you when we need you! devil

No no no...

It's up up down down left right left right B A B A start.

You and I my friend, are showing our age.

and I'm clearly showing some age-related memory loss!

Nahhhh... don't be so hard on yourself. It's been how long ago? Twenty years? Or maybe more?

Say, this makes a thought pops. Why does no one ever got those old retro games into a board game?

Contra and castlevania the board game would be a definite buy for...
Ahem... guys our age.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultimate Frog wrote:
andrewmdale wrote:
Ultimate Frog wrote:
andrewmdale wrote:
Up-down-up-down-left-right-left-right-A-B-A-B-Start

Oh retro God mode, where are you when we need you! devil

No no no...

It's up up down down left right left right B A B A start.

You and I my friend, are showing our age.

and I'm clearly showing some age-related memory loss!

Nahhhh... don't be so hard on yourself. It's been how long ago? Twenty years? Or maybe more?

Say, this makes a thought pops. Why does no one ever got those old retro games into a board game?

Contra and castlevania the board game would be a definite buy for...
Ahem... guys our age.

Oooooh yes that'd be an insta-buy!!

I came across my old consoles the other day, I really must get them out for a nostalgia trip.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls