Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted these in the White Dog Games forum over on CSW, but as that's not a very active forum (although neither is this one) couldn't hurt to try my luck here:

1. Charge/Shock: the rules state that charging units cannot cross a creek or enter a swamp, but the way it's worded implies that it can't do these things while moving toward an EZOC to conduct the charge. This leaves open whether a unit could conduct melee combat with the charge bonus against a unit on the other side of a creek - it didn't cross a creek to reach the EZOC. My assumption is that you shouldn't be able to conduct a charge against an enemy on the other side of a creek, but I want to verify this.

2. Also a little confused on melee combat rolling timing. 23.4 indicates that all phasing melee units in EZOCS roll for their hits, then non-phasing units roll, but then in a later paragraph in the same section, it seems to indicate that defending units roll immediately after the phasing unit. Not sure which it is - but this would have an effect on whether flanked defending units forced to retreat on the first attacker roll would get a chance to roll for hits prior to having to retreat.

3. Field cannon: can adjacent melee units melee against field cannon alone in a hex in order to capture them? Or can field cannon only be dealt with by moving into their hex during movement?
Also, the rules mention flipping field cannon over to their "Tudor" side if captured - there is no Tudor side on the field cannon that came with the game, there is only a step loss Yorkist side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Kyle!
Mike Kennedy - the designer - has been a bit busy lately. I'll forward these directly to him and I'm sure he'll answer you soon.
Thanks!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
Here was Mike's response on CSW:

Quote:
Hey, Kyle!

Some good questions.

1) Charge movement cannot cross a creek. There is implied charge movement from the EZOC across the creek so charge movement would not be allowed in that situation.

2) The phasing side conducts melee combat for each of its units one at a time and applies results immediately before moving to the next phasing (attacking) unit.

3) Field cannon cannot be melee attacked as they have no melee combat strength: the gunners of an alone field cannon run away, abandoning the gun. I would make a house rule stating that, in the melee phase, an adjacent phasing combat unit can move into the hex occupied by an alone field cannon and automatically capture the gun. This action by the phasing unit would be considered a melee attack and the phasing unit would not be able to melee attack again in the turn.

Hope this helps.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls