Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark and other Revolver players.
Just tried the game with Vengeance on The Frontier. I must say though it's pretty much interesting, there are several questions arose.

The rules stated that to get a dollar coin is when a player lose the gunfight.
What does 'gunfight' refer to?
Firepower comparison at the end of the attack phase?
And what happens if the result is a tie?
In firepower aspect, no one win or lose. But the fact is, McReady player has more control over the game. We all know the frontier cards really give some kick to the game. And getting it should be beneficial for both party.
The question is McReady player can block Colty player for getting a dollar coin by making it a tie. And kill a bandit with his action card. Is this valid? I guess it is. But the feels just kinda off. But that's my opinion.
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What does 'gunfight' refer to? Firepower comparison at the end of the attack phase?

Yes, that's correct.

Quote:
And what happens if the result is a tie?

As in the main game, the Colty player always wins on a tie.

Quote:
The question is McReady player can block Colty player for getting a dollar coin by making it a tie. And kill a bandit with his action card. Is this valid? I guess it is. But the feels just kinda off.

The McReady player can only kill a bandit in the 'play cards' phase of his turn, not the attack phase. And Colty is still free to play cards like Concealed Palm Pistol to alter the conclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls