Popular Tags: [View All]
BG Mark
United States
Clever
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright guys, here goes.

My friends and I are new to the game and we absolutely LOVE it. We've played several several times and have amassed a SMALL amount of CP's and House Expacs. We've done melee and joust but are sort of kicking around the idea of running a long, epic variant, that requires/encourages massive draw decks. Mainly because we have a hard hard time culling cards currently without CP agendas or deck defining cards.

Nothing serious or overly detailed, but something along the lines of:

120 card min 130 card max(?)
8 hand draw (setup)
3 card draw
5 or 6 card draw cap (not certain here... )
5 or 6 gold setup (not certain here either... )
25-30 power win... I'm sort of thinking in between? even though the numer would be awkward... like 27
4 uni/same card max (we dont own any of the same CPs or share them so this would be an interesting aspect in regards to "do I include this "weaker" uni with the risk of it being the first one I draw"

we would probably restrict a couple of plots and agendas I would imagine. We dont own the CP for "long voyage" but that would be a great example of a restricted or banned card for this purely fun variant.

Any thoughts / ideas / guidance for us?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Field
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a lot of power for end-game. It's up to you, of course, but it might drag on.

Have you tried the Civil War variant? It has one large draw deck that all players draw their hands from and is an interesting, thematic variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls