Smokin' OldAunt
Canada
flag msg tools
I just bought the daybreak expansion and also got Pegasus some weeks ago and I want to try it also. I read that colonial one can be destroyed & the hub also.

But, after taking a look at all the cards, I cant find any way to destroy colonial one nor the resurrection hub. I guess its because the cards or effects are in the exodus expansion? Or do I miss something?

Another question, daybreak changed the way the cylon is revealed (like Pegasus). Seems to me the cylon dont get a super crisis card when it revealed itself, but it can stay in the resurrection hub to get one (or more if it stay there) super crisis card?

Now the cylon player can get a lot of super crisis cards, then move on the proper location and use super crisis cards at each of its next turns? I think its quite powerful, especially if the cylon is revealed at the very beginning of the game...i assume cylon player can only get super crisis card in the resurrection hub now, not when they revealed themselves. Am I right? I guess the cylon leader cant get super crisis card neither?

In my next game (we should be 6 or 7 players & combining daybreak, Pegasus & the core game)) I want to add all the skill cards, all the quorum cards, all characters & cylon leaders (with the daybreak motives), the mutineer, all the super crisis cards, Pegasus board, mutiny deck & the daybreak mutiny cards, the assault raptor & the kobol objective. Do you think the game will be balanced? any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Colonial 1 is destroyed with the Super Crisis, "Bomb on Colonial 1".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smokin' OldAunt
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you,

and I guess its a super crisis card in the exodus expansion, cause I dont find it?

and how do you destroy the hub?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
MatanteKiFume wrote:
and how do you destroy the hub?

There is a Demetrius mission that destroys the hub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yao-ban Chan
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MatanteKiFume wrote:
Thank you,

and I guess its a super crisis card in the exodus expansion, cause I dont find it?

As far as I am aware it is a base game super crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Bomb on Colonial One" is a base game Super Crisis that on fail blows up Colonial One.

I don't recall the name, but there are only about 10 missions total, look for the one that on pass blows up the resurrection ship. It's probably called something like "Destroy the Resurrection Ship"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smokin' OldAunt
Canada
flag msg tools
ok thanks I found it, it was stuck in a wrong deck O_O !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MatanteKiFume wrote:
But, after taking a look at all the cards, I cant find any way to destroy colonial one nor the resurrection hub. I guess its because the cards or effects are in the exodus expansion? Or do I miss something?
Bomb On Colonial One (15PRB) super crisis card (base game) blows it up if failed (remember to flip over the C1 overlay if failed... FFG seems to be quite fond of that.)
We're running out of time. There's four minutes until your bomb goes off. I'm here to tell you that this conflict between our peopleā€¦ it doesn't have to continue. -Laura Roslin

Destroy The Hub (14GPR) Mission card (Daybreak of course) if passed will flip the cylon overlay
Death would be permanent for all of us. They've gone insane. -Cavil

MatanteKiFume wrote:
Another question, daybreak changed the way the cylon is revealed (like Pegasus). Seems to me the cylon dont get a super crisis card when it revealed itself, but it can stay in the resurrection hub to get one (or more if it stay there) super crisis card?
Negative... when a cylon revealed (using the action on the card), he gets one super crisis card. It's if a cylon got executed (sort of a "force reveal") where he doesn't get a super crisis card, but could then spend an action (which is typically a turn expended) at Res. Ship to draw a super crisis the he could've gotten as a head start otherwise.

MatanteKiFume wrote:
Now the cylon player can get a lot of super crisis cards, then move on the proper location and use super crisis cards at each of its next turns? I think its quite powerful, especially if the cylon is revealed at the very beginning of the game
It can be, but....
That's balanced out by the fact that for some situations, you do more damage if you stay unrevealed and sabotage, sow confusion, use your abilities, any titles, and higher card draws to cause the humans more harm.

Also, remember that Pegasus adds 5 new super crisis cards. Lured Into A Trap is generally useful, but the other ones are either or both unconventional or can be situational (although Pysch Warfare pres. chooses that doles out Treachery or replaces DD with it can be very deadly with the new Daybreak Treachery). Some of the good super crisis cards from the base game are now diluted.

MatanteKiFume wrote:
...i assume cylon player can only get super crisis card in the resurrection hub now, not when they revealed themselves. Am I right? I guess the cylon leader cant get super crisis card neither?
Already mentioned, but to recap, revealing gives a cylon a super crisis to start. A CL doesn't reveal, he uninfiltrates, so no super crisis there. However, he too can spend an action at Res. Ship to draw one additional super crisis card.

MatanteKiFume wrote:
In my next game (we should be 6 or 7 players & combining daybreak, Pegasus & the core game)) I want to add all the skill cards, all the quorum cards, all characters & cylon leaders (with the daybreak motives), the mutineer, all the super crisis cards, Pegasus board, mutiny deck & the daybreak mutiny cards, the assault raptor & the kobol objective. Do you think the game will be balanced? any suggestions?
Mutiny adds another variable, just like Qcards, and the way skill cards, Destination cards, and crisis cards come out. But overall, I deem it to be fine.

If you use Mutineer (that or CL in 6p game, required for 7p games), then him coming out pre-sleeper vs. post-sleeper can have a larger impact.

There can be some extremes in luck, but nothing strikes me as horribly broken if that's what you're getting at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent answers are given above, but I wanted to add a remark on this point:

MatanteKiFume wrote:
Now the cylon player can get a lot of super crisis cards, then move on the proper location and use super crisis cards at each of its next turns? I think its quite powerful, especially if the cylon is revealed at the very beginning of the game...
It is not that powerful, because the Cylon HAS to stay on the Resurrection Ship to draw another supercrisis card. Since on the Resurrection Ship he draws only one skill card per turn, and since any player can expect to have about 7 turns per game, wasting one whole turn on just drawing a supercrisis is usually not effective. Especially not, as was already mentioned, since the Pegasus supercrises mostly suck.

I have been in a game where a Cylon revealed on his first turn, and because it was so early in the game, he decided to draw a second supercrisis. He did play both in the end, so that was fine. I was also in a game where a Cylon revealed early, and drew two extra supercrises. At the end of the game, he had played only one of them. That did not seem a very effective way to spend your turns.

Supercrises are a crapshoot. They seem powerful, and some of them objectively are (Massive Assault), but they aren't as game-breaking as you seem to think.

To put it another way: revealing early as a Cylon thinking that it is powerful to draw some extra supercrises is usually a bad move. Cylons thrive on sowing suspicion, and you cannot do that once revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:

MatanteKiFume wrote:
Now the cylon player can get a lot of super crisis cards, then move on the proper location and use super crisis cards at each of its next turns? I think its quite powerful, especially if the cylon is revealed at the very beginning of the game...
It is not that powerful, because the Cylon HAS to stay on the Resurrection Ship to draw another supercrisis card. Since on the Resurrection Ship he draws only one skill card per turn, and since any player can expect to have about 7 turns per game, wasting one whole turn on just drawing a supercrisis is usually not effective. Especially not, as was already mentioned, since the Pegasus supercrises mostly suck.

Yes I can say I've tried that, and that is exactly what happened. I wasted several turns doing very little. In the end the Cylon's lost by a narrow margin, and I feel I could have turned the tide had I not sat their drawing for a better Super Crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Olson
United States
Traverse City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
"Bomb on Colonial One" is a base game Super Crisis that on fail blows up Colonial One.

I don't recall the name, but there are only about 10 missions total, look for the one that on pass blows up the resurrection ship. It's probably called something like "Destroy the Resurrection Ship"

7 mission cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge