Craig Hogan
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I'm in the middle of a LoR campaign and I've been speccing Warlord so far. Looking ahead, however, I'm not sure if it's worth saving up for Reinforce (especially since it's been nerfed).

One of my players is Runemaster Leoric and he's made sure to acquire blast asap. So far my counter to this has just been to play big monsters whenever possible. I guess having Reinforce would allow me to pop a group back up after he wipes them out (so long as the Master's standing).

I'm tempted to just build in some Saboteur cards instead of going for Reinforce.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I only own the base set + LoR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually playing the OL in a LoR campaign at the moment.

We are just going to the Interlude and I've skilled so far 2x Blood Rage, Bloodlust, Web Trap and Dark Remedy + I've got the "Suns Fury"

I'm not going to take any Warlord cards anymore, since I don't feel that the Reinforce card is worth 3 exp. I suggest on picking web traps if your heroes have low Might

I'm going to build a versatile deck, going unholy ritual next I suppose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Reinfoece is still OK, it can cost heroes a lot of actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
I believe Reinfoece is still OK, it can cost heroes a lot of actions.

Yeah, but the opportunity costs of 3 exp. that could have been used differently....

Besides if the quest you are playing lets you reinforce all the time, the card does not get much use... (some quests do)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you usually only reinforce one or two monsters per turn, the more monsters you can get out of this card in one go, the better the value. I could even see sending in a troop of minions just to die while wreaking as much havoc as possible, then playing Reinforce on a master that has been hanging back well out of range. It'd almost be like getting an extra monster group. And using the sort of deck management tricks that put Dark Charm in your hand over and over could give you a lot of extra monsters for the heroes to cut up, if you can keep the master alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls