Popular Tags: [View All]
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, things have been hectic for a while but I have finally managed to find some time to post. This next deck is not as strong and it doesn't have the potential of the previous three. It is , however, a deck I am very proud of as it jumps right into the fray, guns blazing, swords swinging and maniacally laughing against poor odds. In other words, it is fun!

HEROES (3):

Boromir (Tactics)
Eowyn (Spirit)
Glorfindel (Spirit)

ALLIES(11):

Spirit:
3x The Riddermark's Finest
3x Northern Tracker
1x Arwen Undomiel

Tactics:
1x Bofur

Neutral:
3x Gandalf (Core)

ATTACHMENTS (15):

Spirit:
3x Light of Valinor
3x Ancient Mathom

Tactics:
3x Gondorian Shield
3x Spear of the Citadel
3x Rivendell Blade

EVENTS (24):

Spirit:
3x A Test of Will
3x Hasty Stroke
3x Elrond's Counsel
3x The Galadhrim's Greeting
3x Dwarven Tomb

Tactics:
3x Foe-Hammer
3x Goblin-Cleaver
3x Feint

The cornerstone of the deck is Boromir. The aim is to exploit his ability to ready at will and make him the main defender of the deck. He gets Gondorian Shield and Spear of the Citadel for it and will be Arwen's target once she is out. Hasty Stroke reinforces his imperviousness. Not many enemies in the game will be able to harm him now and for the few that are inclined to do so there 's always a good old Feint.

Eowyn is our quester, with the aid of Glorfindel and of those allies to help with locations. Nothing too fancy there.

Glorfindel is our main attacker and he gets two Rivendell Blades (and Light of Valinor, of course). He can tag team larger enemies with Boromir, who is always up to the task. Throw in a Goblin-Cleaver when needed and there aren't many enemies that can last a second round against these guys.

Ancient Mathom (the main target of Dwarven Tomb) and Foe-Hammer get you cards. The deck doesn't have a card draw engine right from the start, so you need to be careful with your starting hand, but it gets impressive really fast, once those two cards start working. Bofur can help a bit too.

Elrond's Counsel and The Galadhrim's Greeting will keep your threat low while Boromir does his thing. Since this is solo we are talking about, mid and late game you will find that there are rounds that you won't even need to use Boromir's ability or use it at most once each round, so the threat rising comes to a stop. I 've had games that ended with lower threat than my starting one.

So, this is it, simple deck but has a heroic and adventurous feel to it since it's so hero focused rather than being based on allies. Take it for a spin and let me know what you think of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think about throwing Unexpected Courage in somewhere to throw on Glorfindel? I enjoy building without the "obvious" choices sometimes, but it would work perfect with the combo you have set up already to destroy multiple enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrsinor wrote:
What do you think about throwing Unexpected Courage in somewhere to throw on Glorfindel? I enjoy building without the "obvious" choices sometimes, but it would work perfect with the combo you have set up already to destroy multiple enemies.

I have tested Unexpected Courage but found out that I didn't need it all that much. The reason is that in solo you don't have to deal with multiple enemies as long as you keep killing them (which the deck does) in the same round they come out. So, one attack by Glorfindel per round is enough.

The deck stood against The Steward's Fear, which is very aggresive regarding Enemy output, without Unexpected courage. Goblin-Cleaver and Feint helped me out in a pinch.

So, in all, Unexpected Courage is a very good card, but in this particular instance I couldn't find any room for it in the deck. Even the redundant unique attachments are so crucial to the deck's function that I would rather have them in threes.

Thanks for the input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Cott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used this deck to restart my playing of LotR LCG in December 2017 after a few years off. It is a fun deck to play and I found it made quick work of the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle.

Thanks for posting it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls