Popular Tags: [View All]
MeepleofaMan
United States
Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that Origins family day has moved to Sunday for 2014
Does anyone know what the hours of the exhibition hall are for Sunday?

Not sure I will go if the hall closes at 4pm. I would expect vendors to begin closing up on the last day about 1 hr before close which limits the amount of time there even more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Vendors are not allowed to close early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
Vendors are not allowed to close early.

Tom is right. Some booths may stop running demos early, but the registers stay on until 4:01.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MeepleofaMan
United States
Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
but the registers stay on until 4:01.
So the hall closes at 4pm on Sunday, not 6pm like the other days. Less time for families there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VivaDaddy wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:
So the hall closes at 4pm on Sunday, not 6pm like the other days. Less time for families there

Glad to hear your family can go, mine hasn't gone since they moved Origins to earlier. We are still in school.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VivaDaddy wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:

Well, it's definitely a less crowded day. For those with small kids, much easier to keep track of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is a good idea for two reasons. The Vendor Hall is pretty slow on Sunday as most of the regular attendees are finished gaming and heading out. So it brings more money for the vendors.

For a local wanting to check out the vendor hall its less crowded so they can do everything much quicker. Demo games, browse, and buy stuff.

Most years Sunday is slow enough you can get more done in those 6 hours than the 8 it is open other days.

I really don't think it is targeted at regulars. You can pick up a one day badge for $15 for any day and children are free 9 and under.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MeepleofaMan
United States
Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
I think this is a good idea for two reasons. The Vendor Hall is pretty slow on Sunday as most of the regular attendees are finished gaming and heading out. So it brings more money for the vendors.

For a local wanting to check out the vendor hall its less crowded so they can do everything much quicker. Demo games, browse, and buy stuff.

Most years Sunday is slow enough you can get more done in those 6 hours than the 8 it is open other days.

I really don't think it is targeted at regulars. You can pick up a one day badge for $15 for any day and children are free 9 and under.
Thanks, lots of good points which makes Sunday seem not so bad. You have breathed new hope into my plans.

It would cost $45 to get my family in on another day (maybe Thurs or Friday) which may work out. Last year we combined the Sat. family pass with a trip to the zoo on Friday. Wanted to do the same thing with COSI this year and wanted to avoid the weekend there. Or perhaps Origins on Sunday and COSI on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls