Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen
Denmark
Farum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have the base game, the lost legion and Krang (ordered). I have played half through the solo starter scenario, and will start it again today to learn more. My brother saw the game and really want to play the Wolfhawk character when we meet later next week.

What do you think about using Krank or Wolfhawk in the base game? Wolfhawk have two personal cards and I guess that Krank also have two.

Should I give the base characters their new personal card or will that skew the game towards the players if I don't add more from the Lost Legion expansion?

And what do you think of playing the solo starter scenario as full coop with a dummy player? (The point is learning, not competition).

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Winters
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

Krang and Wolfhawk are both new characters but were playtested so that they did not unbalance the base game. My experience is that they fit well with the other characters with no issues.

Switch to the new character cards as soon as you have them available. They make each character more defined in their role and to be honest I prefer them with the new cards.

Sounds like you want a conquest game with the dummy player. Just do that and get rid of the solo starter game. All of the scenarios in the back of the book work well with 1-5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen
Denmark
Farum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice Phill!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prsonally I prefer to play the basic game before I add material from any expansions. But If your brother wants to play wolfhawk there is nothing wrong with adding this character. As you mentioned you should give the other characters their second special cards in this case. Perhaps the game becomes slightly easier with 2 special cards but thats not a bad thing for learning the game. (If it starts to become to easy for you just add the additional enemies from LL - they are not nescessary harder but the increased variance of possible enemies makes it harder balancing out the second personal card. But as said before for learning the game I would use the second card but no aditional LL-stuff.)

Of course you can play the walkthrough with a dummy-player. But I don't see much advantage. You can play the standard coop-scenario and look up things when you are unsure about any rules.
The advantage of the walkthough as a learning game is that certain maptiles appear in a fixed order so you can introduce them one by one. Once you have seen them all you don't need that. When a site appears you are not sure about just read the site-descriotion-card or ook it up in the walkthrough. Personally I always missed something when playing the walkthrough. Without an cityassault the end was bit anticlimatic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen
Denmark
Farum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Georg.

I have added the cards to the characters and updated the different cards/white monster tokens. But will not add anything besides that.

I will go through the walkthrough alone before wedensday and then think about playing against a city

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls