Popular Tags: [View All]
Lenz Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

What I proposed is that instead of letting people draw blind, instead.. we lay out (2* number of players minus 1) cards from the draw pile.

Ie: In a 4 player game there will be 2*4-1 = 7 cards lay out.

Instead of allowing people to draw 2 cards after each round, instead, the following is carried out:

The first player to pass gets their first pick at 2 out of the 7 cards.
The second player to pass gets their pick at 2 out of the 5 remaining cards. He/She also gets 1 victory point.
The third player to pass gets their pick at 2 out of the 3 remaining cards. He/She also gets 2 victory point.
The last player to pass gets the last card.

If a round was ended due to a player passing with zero cards in hand, everyone else will draw two card as per normal. Revealed cards from the draw pile are shuffled into the draw deck before players draw.

Reason for giving victory points to second and third player: This discourages a player from passing directly straight when he is the first player. Ie: The slight disadvantage that first player has is still present. On top of it, it creates more tension.

Let me know how do you guys think of this variant.

Cheers,
Lenz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Marechal
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think granting VP for passing early would sgnificantly alter how the game is played and there would be next to no incentive to fight for elements, particularly in tundras.

Could be good, but passing earli(er) has also the benefit of holding on to, theorhetically, more cards. Rewarding both with better choices as well as VP seems OTT.

Also, winning the biome would be quite crippling in many cases, and I suspect the early stages would be more like a race to pass, with no reason to entering the game until the stake is worth the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls