Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually played the game wrong the first few times I played it. Then I found the game much harder to feed once I was playing it correctly. So that's how I stumbled upon this simple idea to alleviate the pressure of feeding, but only by a little.

Here it is:

Feed your family last during the Harvest Phase.

That's it!

So the new order of the Harvest Phase is like this:

1. Harvest vegetables and grains.
2. Receive animal offspring.
3. Feed families.

This essentially allows you to use your newly-born babies farm animals as an extra source of food.

I encourage all to eventually use the correct rules. But this is a good way to teach new players if you don't want them to be totally turned off by how difficult it is to get food for your families.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Wang
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I played it this way accidentally when I was first learning and it is definitely easier! Thematically, I don't see why this shouldn't be implemented. I assume the farmer's taking the father to the cooking hearth, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ingersoll
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
This essentially allows you to use your newly-born babies as an extra source of food.

I always hated not being able to feed my hungry cabin-mates after a deft use of the family expansion action!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:

This essentially allows you to use your newly-born babies as an extra source of food.

I'm not convinced I would be comfortable feeding newly-born babies to the other family members
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJStudley wrote:
thedacker wrote:

I'm not convinced I would be comfortable feeding newly-born babies to the other family members

Oops! Poor choice of words. Edited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls