Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Lombard
United States
New Carlisle
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As new cards and combos get revealed I thought it would be enjoyable for those of us following the game to talk about the cards and combos that they have enjoyed the most so far.

For me, I got a big kick out of the Hero card A "Cop" card. The power alone cracks me up. "Excessive Force" deal 187 damage to a minion...

I think that's really witty since minions are only 4 hit points I believe. That is just really nice tongue in cheek theme and shows how much character the devs are putting into this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few favorites but mine for a majority of development has been Furious Fury. Travis does an amazing job at filling everything with flavor, he's like a king midas of board game design. I haven't seen anything he has done with villain flavor text yet but I have no doubt it will be hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the guy with the giraffe head. He just cracks me up.

This game is so much like The Tick. Hilarious! We need a villain with a chair face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lombard
United States
New Carlisle
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tick has definitely been mentioned by me and a few others who are big fans of that series. One of the reasons why I fell in love with this game, besides the really cool game play, was because it totally captured the vibe of the Tick series, which I absolutely love.

As far as the Quirks go, I think my favorite one that I have seen so far (and I have only seen a couple) is the one where you have to announce your actions by prefacing it with "hashtag". I believe it is called "Websessed". That one got me chuckling.

I mentioned on the kickstarter comments page that I was going to add in my own Quirk in homage of Sewer Urchin from the Tick. This would make the player announce their basic actions in a Dustin Hoffman Rain Man voice. "Definitely Charge, Yeah." For those who know what I'm talking about
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Shuck
United States
Fife
Washington
flag msg tools
Favorite Cards
The "creepy" quirk is definitely my favorite so far, as far as cards go also really enjoy "cop" so far and hope their are more funny little details on other cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The_Right_Deal wrote:
The "creepy" quirk is definitely my favorite so far, as far as cards go also really enjoy "cop" so far and hope their are more funny little details on other cards.

Miranda Wrights.

So far I think my favorite hero cards are Hobo- and -Beard. I mean, CRUSHSTACHE!

My favorite villian is probably Baron Von- because I see quite a few funny mixes with that one.

Favorite Quick as all of them. I'm overjoyed with the entire quirk mechanic and I really hope my group agrees that playing with quirks enriches the experience. As I am generally the rule reader and teacher, I may just skip the fact that quirks are optional and make it game standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Duffy
United Kingdom
Norwich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Favourite Cards
The quirks are definitely one of my favourite aspects of the game!

As far as heroes, how can you not love the idea of Leather Hedgehog!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adultsituations wrote:

And, since everyone is wanting more females, Hedgehog has always been a girl!

Brunch Hunk is one of my fav combos in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
adultsituations wrote:

And, since everyone is wanting more females, Hedgehog has always been a girl!

Brunch Hunk is one of my fav combos in the game.

Might need to give her a little pink bow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She's too busy operating that robo body of hers to play dress up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a B card I did not like very much: Dino.

But now I've found an A card which really match well with it, I quite like it a lot.

Here comes... Dino Brain !

(sorry for the bad photoshoped picture, I did not find the full Brain card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lombard
United States
New Carlisle
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so for back story information found on the Kickstarter updates page, I think one of my favorites is the one found on Boss Cactus. Especially this part (since the Cactus card is in homage to a Western Villain): 'Stick 'em up,' he said, as one of his henchmen used a small fan to blow a tumbleweed into the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Schiavo
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
King Bing wrote:
There is a B card I did not like very much: Dino.

But now I've found an A card which really match well with it, I quite like it a lot.

Here comes... Dino Brain !

(sorry for the bad photoshoped picture, I did not find the full Brain card).

The kickstarter video shows the full brain card at 1:05. "Deal 5 DMG to a character. If that character is at RNG 4 or more, gain an injury."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls