Popular Tags: [View All]
Leon Vivier
South Africa
Kuils River
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest this variant in the following context:

#I do not yet have the game nor have I played it yet (but would sell my soul to do so)
#I do not know how many of each different location cards there are.
#I have been looking for a good single player game and thought this might work.

My idea is instead of adjusting the basic rules to make a single player variant one introduces a 'single player event deck':

One separates the deck into the different types/colours - blue, yellow, red etc.

There is then a deck of 'event cards' that are shuffled at the start of the game and look for example like this:

It has a name, "Economic bloom"
A short description, "The empire prospered under new trade laws"
The card then notes you can draw 3 Economic (or yellow) cards.

You choose one of these and build it.

The next card you draw is, for example, "Times of War": "The machines attacked the empire." and it allows you to draw 2 Military and 1 Diplomatic card. You choose one and built it.

That is it. Then you run through a certain amount of event cards, stop, count your points. Or perhaps the game ends when you run out of a certain colour.

One can also have random events for example: "Sabotage", "Your gun turrets were destroyed". Then if you have one you need to destroy it. Or cards with special per-requisites or additions. "If you have an Alien Bazaar in play then draw another Yellow card" (at the bottom of the "Economic Bloom" for example). Or one could maybe always draw 1 card of your choice and then the 2 or three that the event card specifies.

Just an idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls