Subject: aa guns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill has said elsewhere that the AA Guns have two armor factors and do not need to be manned.

1. What are the stacking rules for AA guns?

2. Can they move or retreat?

3. Are they affected by Suppressive fire?

4. How many hits does it take to destroy them?

5. Can they be Overrun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
Bill has said elsewhere that the AA Guns have two armor factors and do not need to be manned.

1. What are the stacking rules for AA guns?

2. Can they move or retreat?

3. Are they affected by Suppressive fire?

4. How many hits does it take to destroy them?

5. Can they be Overrun?

Just going to toss out some ideas to start in regards to the "1077th AA Reg. 37mm" tokens. Because these are not in the rule book and only introduced via a Operations card, the information is limited. However, I'm still thinking they are units even though we are using tokens and not figures to represent them.

1. Normal stacking rules apply, and they count as a vehicle. See page 9 of the core rules for "Stacking Limits".

2. No for the Shot for Shot scenario - the only time they are used. Also, the Soviet Reference Sheet says "MV:0". Yes, they have the "Equipment" trait, but list a "MV:0" and not "MV:*" which AT guns have.

3. No, because the AA guns have the same "Figure Type" as AT guns. That is, they are type "vehicle" and not type "infantry". See the Soviet Reference Sheet.

4. This is a difficult one because I hadn't heard about this during test playing, and I can't seem to find anything in my notes. But if I had to take a stab at it, I would say they are treated like AT guns. That is, AA guns are also "Fragile". If an AA gun becomes heavily damaged, it is immediately destroyed. Yes, I know, the Soviet Reference Sheet doesn't say this, but it also doesn't say the armor value. Does that mean they can't be attacked at all?

5. Another difficult one, but again, if I had to take a stab at it, I would say they are treated like AT guns. See "Assaulting Equipment" on page 8 of the "Fury of the Bear" rules, which have the updated AT gun rules.

Good questions and I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the 37mm AA guns have the "Equipment" trait. Normally this means that an 37mm AA gun can only fire if there is a friendly squad (either Fresh or in Op Fire) present in the same hex. However, the unit has the "AA Gun" special ability, which basically states it can make a single normal attack against any target within LOS. Implying it doesn't need a squad in the hex?

I also wonder if that is a typo for the move value. It was supposed to be "MV:*" and not "MV:0".

Also, is the missing armor value a mistake? Because all "Vehicles" types in the game list an armor value. Even trucks shows an armor value of zero. Yes, AT guns have a "Vehicle" type.

Without an armor value, a player may guess that
1) the AA gun has an armor of zero.
or
2) the AA gun cannot be attacked.

The latter seems odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
6) Can they be assaulted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Beck
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See this post:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1083592/1077-aa-gun-assault-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaiser33 wrote:

That's daft. If you can't steal them, you should be able to destroy them if you enter the hex. So if they are equipment, can they Advance or Entrench as per the equipment rules?

Since ownership of Days Of The Fox isn't supposed to be required, I suggest that all the rules that do apply to the aa guns be put in the Stalingrad FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
beresford wrote:
Kaiser33 wrote:

That's daft. If you can't steal them, you should be able to destroy them if you enter the hex. So if they are equipment, can they Advance or Entrench as per the equipment rules?

Since ownership of Days Of The Fox isn't supposed to be required, I suggest that all the rules that do apply to the aa guns be put in the Stalingrad FAQ.

Yes, all this makes sense, but remember that the AA guns are JUST a scenario special rule. I agree the specifications should have been clearer, but it's not (yet) intended as a new unit in TOI. In the scenario you indeed need to destroy them by firing at them; there's no other way to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls