Subject: Wanting to learn more about this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Wilson
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
This game looks very interesting, and I'd appreciate some more information about it.

I've never played a cooperative/competitive game like this: do players get to control the Axis forces at times in order to fight back against their opponents, or are the Axis just an AI algorithim?

How is victory measured for each player?
Does the game cover war-production for each of the Allies; sort of like Axis and Allies, can you decide to focus more on producing strategic bombers vs. ships, etc., for example?

How do the players as a whole lose?

Thanks for any info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Someone knowledgable will reply no diubt but near term you could try searching on consim forums. Probably there is a forum for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Here we are: Churchill forum at Consim World
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Wilson
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks!

To answer some of my own questions, for others that were wondering:

-Players get to "control" the Axis forces through deception operations. So, you can shift enemy troops into your opponent's way, out of your path, to speed your own progress at the expense of your "Allies". Other than that, it seems that since the Axis are on the defensive at this point in the war, there's not a great need for them to actively move and attack too much.

-Players get victory points for occupying the Axis countries (Germany, Italy, Japan) at the time of those countries' surrenders. You get more points for being the sole occupier, rather than "sharing" in the victory with another Allied power.

-I don't know the details, but the three players compete over (among other decisions) who gets to control production for the turn.

-The players all lose if they haven't conquered all three Axis countries by a certain date in 1945, which I think is represented by the final conference card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.